Home General Discussion
Options

Short smokes

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Hey all,

I know that with everything that can happen with work, family, and everything in between nowadays, your schedule can be pretty busy, and it can be rough sometimes to get a full smoke in. I was wondering what short smokes everyone preferred in a pinch.

Personally I like the Macanudo Ascots, which come in a nice looking 10 ct tin. I know that many of you are not very tolerant of Macs, but these little guys have plenty of flavor for its small package. I'd say that they're a 25 minute cigar, at the most.

Anyone else have a favorite?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    LFD Ligero Carajos are nice little guys, coming in at 4x30 they pack a nice flavor and a decent kick.
  • Options
    Where do you get those jozer, I can't find them on Ccom. Just PM me.

Also forgot to mention that the CAO Flavours Eileen's Dream in the Petit size is pretty good too if you're into the flavored cigars. They're a bit like Tabak Especial by Drew Estates. I can't vouch for any of the other flavors in the line though.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PM coming bacon. I picked up some on auction for a lot less than what they sell for normally. Quite frankly I think they're overpriced at retail coming in around $5 a pop...I don't know, for a 20 min smoke that seems a bit high. I think I paid like $13 on auction for the box of 6.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. It's a bit pricey but sure to impress. I was thinking of getting some of the Punch Rothchilds Segundos until I tried one. It was horrible. If I don't like it a second time around then I'll add that to the list of cigars I hate. I certainly enjoy the CAO Flavours tins as well: Moontrance, Vanilla, Gold Honey. My sister gives me these as she's quite the cigar enthusiast as well.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    The Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story is one of my favorite "short smokes". I recently picked up a pack of Illusione Cuchillos Cubanos 32. I thought they were really good for a small (4 3/4" x 32) mixed filler cigar.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Ayato:
    The Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story is one of my favorite "short smokes". I recently picked up a pack of Illusione Cuchillos Cubanos 32. I thought they were really good for a small (4 3/4" x 32) mixed filler cigar.
    Ditto on the short story's, good cigars and not too much.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    For a good cheap smoke I go to my local B&M to pick up one of the lighter blends of the smaller form. I can usually get a deal if I buy them in bulk....other than that I haven't really tried anything else because I am on a budget. As soon as I find something a bit more affordable I might pick up 10 or 20 once I figure out that I like them. Part of the reason is I don't like going into that B&M anymore for personal reasons. The other reason is I like trying new things....thinking Ill try the AF Hemingway.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought these 4 1/2" Gurkha Master's Select Perfectos and they were alot smaller than I though they would be. I have been smoking these up and not only are the a short smoke but they are great cigars. I do like some of the tins too.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    jsnake:
    I bought these 4 1/2" Gurkha Master's Select Perfectos and they were alot smaller than I though they would be. I have been smoking these up and not only are the a short smoke but they are great cigars. I do like some of the tins too.
    What they cost u snake?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got them at cost for $69 for a box of 25
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I actually had my first CAO MX2 Dagger today, and wow I was impressed. I was expecting a tinned-cigarillo type dealie, but they are really just petit coronas. I think I actually prefer the MX2 in this size to any other I have had it in, excellent flavor. I also really dig the Nording Torpedos, those are very nice 30 minute smokes.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    alienmisprint:
    I actually had my first CAO MX2 Dagger today, and wow I was impressed. I was expecting a tinned-cigarillo type dealie, but they are really just petit coronas. I think I actually prefer the MX2 in this size to any other I have had it in, excellent flavor. I also really dig the Nording Torpedos, those are very nice 30 minute smokes.
    i just had the dagger size mx2 for the first time on wednesday - seriously a really good cigar - lasted me about 45 minutes but i wasn't smoking as fast as i usually do an never had to re-light once - i have some brazilia cariocas to try too
  • Options
    I had a Nica Libre Principe last nite, expected it to be a short smoke but it was a good 45 minutes; a bit longer than I anticipated. Partagas Puritos are my shorter smokes.
  • Options
    If you're into Rocky Patels the Junior line are great short smokes. Cool little tins too.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I like the Oliva Serie G Special G. Also, the Oliva Serie O and Serie G tins are good too. I haven't found the tins anywhere but a local B&M here, but it's 5 4.5x30 I believe? Pretty good little cigars. I like them on the drive to and from work.
  • Options
    Thought I'd bring this thread up again after I saw the article in the Fall '09 issue of Cigar Magazine about tinned smokes. Gonna try the Onyx Impulses because I really like the Onyx Reserve line, and the CAO Cameroon Petits, as they were the highest rated of the group in the article.

• Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    ill have to try the CAO Cameroon Petits -- right now i have the Brazilia Cariocas and the MX2 Daggers -- perfect smoke for the colder weather we've been having lately