Home Non Cigar Related
Options

New Neighbors

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
What are your opinions on new neighbors, ie who introduces themselves? At my old place, when any one nearby moved in we'd go over and introduce ourselves. Not sure if there is a right answer, just curious.

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not sure if there is a correct answer either. The last time we moved I didn't make any special attempt or anything, when I saw one of the neighbors out in the yard or whatever I went over and introduced myself. It's been a long time since anyone knocked on the door to introduced themselves.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Feels like if you moved and knocj to introduce you're saying "I'm awesome and you need to meet me." which is actually kind of cool..
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone should warn them, its only right.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would light off some fireworks/explosives in the back yard. When they come out, introduce yourself. This way, you set expectations low.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The friendlier guy says hi first. That's the rule of chum.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get dressed first.....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I would light off some fireworks/explosives in the back yard. When they come out, introduce yourself. This way, you set expectations low.
    ^^^^^ Winning.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the kids lead the way. Chances are your neighbors will have kids the same age as yours. My nearest neighbors are 1/4 mile away but I can hear them shooting every week.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about went to meet the newish neighbors this morning at about 6 am. Their dog barked half the night.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Just about went to meet the newish neighbors this morning at about 6 am. Their dog barked half the night.
    You could always make an introduction by starting to shoot a few rounds over their house to see how much they appreciate that too. Hate when people do that, painfully obvious its their dog barking or kids screaming and they ignore it for hours like it has zero affect on anyone around them.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they smoke premipremiprems too. . .If not, that's only a small character flaw to overcome.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Funny ... you don't look newish.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a yard sale as soon as you can. Don't advertise it in the paper, or internet, just a few signs in the immediate area. Great way to meet neighbors. Especially those who, for whatever reason, might be reluctant come over and introduce themselves otherwise.

(I know you might have already gotten rid of extra stuff before the move but that's not the point anyway. Just buy some stuff at somebody else's yard sale and resell it if you need to.)
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Have a yard sale as soon as you can. Don't advertise it in the paper, or internet, just a few signs in the immediate area. Great way to meet neighbors. Especially those who, for whatever reason, might be reluctant come over and introduce themselves otherwise.

(I know you might have already gotten rid of extra stuff before the move but that's not the point anyway. Just buy some stuff at somebody else's yard sale and resell it if you need to.)

There you go folks....a genius idea from the forums deep thinker and generally all around good guy. Out of the mouths of...(insert your word).
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

There you go folks....a genius idea from the forums deep thinker and generally all around good guy. Out of the mouths of...(insert your word).
    Really? Dang. Now I gotta go out and buy new hats. All these are too tight now :P