Home General Discussion
Options

Thanksgiving Suggestions

I have a lot of heavy eating to do in the next two months, so I'm already slating cigars to be smoked on those days. So far, I have an Ashton VSG, Padron 1964 Anniversary Edition, Cain F, and Opus X on the list. I'm drawing a huge blank for Thanksgiving though. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would appreciate it if the suggestions were from different companies than the ones I already have on the list because I am still testing out the waters and I want to broaden my palette. Thanks in advance, I look forward to seeing the suggestions roll in.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Looks like you are tending towards some stronger cigars. How about Oliva Serie V or Serie V maduro, Man o War Ruination, Diesel, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, La Aurora 1495, Tatuaje Miami, Padilla Signature 1932, Padilla Miami. Well those are some off the top of my head, no shortage of good cigars I can say that much.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    How about the Camacho Triple Maduro or SLR, Padilla Obsidian, or Don Pepin Garcia? I second the Oliva V Maduro as well if you got any. I think that Gurkha recently released something called the Triple Ligero as well, maybe look into that one.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    SweetnLow:
    I have a lot of heavy eating to do in the next two months, so I'm already slating cigars to be smoked on those days. So far, I have an Ashton VSG, Padron 1964 Anniversary Edition, Cain F, and Opus X on the list. I'm drawing a huge blank for Thanksgiving though. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would appreciate it if the suggestions were from different companies than the ones I already have on the list because I am still testing out the waters and I want to broaden my palette. Thanks in advance, I look forward to seeing the suggestions roll in.
    Follow up that Turkey with a Nice T-Bone steak and smoke a Diesel!
  • Options
    I'm not sure I can get a Diesel because I can't order from CCOM, as I am under 21. However, I've been wanting an excuse to try the Tatuaje Miami. I've only been able to justify buying the white label up to this point. I'll ask someone who works at my local tobacconist and tell you guys what they think. Keep the suggestions rolling, my humidor's quite lonely.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    SweetnLow:
    I'm not sure I can get a Diesel because I can't order from CCOM, as I am under 21. However, I've been wanting an excuse to try the Tatuaje Miami. I've only been able to justify buying the white label up to this point. I'll ask someone who works at my local tobacconist and tell you guys what they think. Keep the suggestions rolling, my humidor's quite lonely.
    Pm for you Sweet..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    SweetnLow:
    Pm for you Sweet..

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    SweetnLow:
    Pm for you Sweet..

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    all those smokes sound good to me. I never really got too much out of pairing a cigar with a meal, so I really couldn't give you the intel for that. You can't go wrong with the cigars already mentioned though.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I don't know how Hayes managed to triple post, but thanks for the info buddy.
  • Options
    SweetnLow:
    Thanks guys. I don't know how Hayes managed to triple post, but thanks for the info buddy.
    Haha yeah I wish the forum let me delete posts... I posted that from my phone and it effed it up..

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hey Sweet...I probably am going to smoke a Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Maduro. Its a good hearty smoke, the toros last about 2 hours too.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Wow. That's impressive. I've always wanted to try out a Rocky Patel. I'll look it up. Is it better or worse than the Edge?