Home Non Cigar Related
Options

United Parcel Service can KMA

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Really low supply and I still owe jet mech 63. Waited all day..email says they transferred to the post office 20 miles away. Added 1 to 2 days to delivery. I will never use UPS for anything again.

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Low supply huh? Tee hee:)
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Really low supply and I still owe jet mech 63. Waited all day..email says they transferred to the post office 20 miles away. Added 1 to 2 days to delivery. I will never use UPS for anything again.

That's sorta what I've been saying all along. OOopps sucks.... ??
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always a let down to see that UPS tracking number. "OK, mail should have it here Tuesday, no wait, oh crap! UPS might get it here by Saturday."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup ups is always the slowest for me...but really no shipping company has been good recently! Usps has lost stuff for a couple days then it finally gets there. Both make me nervous every time something ships
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    E-mail sent (again) and my preferences for the Post Office have been duly noted and acknowledged.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Ah, the shipper must've used the "lower cost" UPS Surepost service (Fedex offers a similar service called SmartPost.)

While I understand the frustration because this has happened to me multiple times before -- the only way to avoid it is to specifically ask the shipper to use a service like UPS ground, or USPS priority, etc.
    If you are ordering an item online and they have a "saver shipping" or "bargain shipping" option and don't list the specific service then this is most likely the shipping service they'll choose as it's the cheapest for the shipper.

FYI:
    "Consolidated services like SurePost and SmartPost eliminate residential delivery surcharges by allowing UPS & Fedex to deliver packages from many different vendors directly to the local USPS office branch that normally handles their mail delivery. UPS and FedEx get to make just one stop to deliver many packages, and the USPS letter carrier who is going to be driving by every house in a residential area on his daily route is not having to modify his route."

More info on the subject than you probably ever wanted to know can be found here: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/67899-Pros-and-Cons-of-UPS-SurePost-FedEx-SmartPost

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccom and the so called sister site are about an hour from my house. From ccom through USPS I usually have it the day after they ship. The other site uses UPS (where the terminal is within a mile of my house) and then they transfer it to USPS so takes an additional 1-2 days.
    I rarely smoke a cigar ROTT so does not really bother me, but it is just annoying tracking a package for 5 days to travel 1 hour.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    ccom and the so called sister site are about an hour from my house. From ccom through USPS I usually have it the day after they ship. The other site uses UPS (where the terminal is within a mile of my house) and then they transfer it to USPS so takes an additional 1-2 days.
    I rarely smoke a cigar ROTT so does not really bother me, but it is just annoying tracking a package for 5 days to travel 1 hour.

An hour? Man, I think I would drive it and see if they would allow a pickup. Do they have tours?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    rsherman24:

An hour? Man, I think I would drive it and see if they would allow a pickup. Do they have tours?

No, its just a big warehouse.
    The other place has some Superstores as they call them which are like a huge B&M. Very cool. One of them is located right next to a Cabelas. Can make for an expensive day.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate UPS. I've received several packages that look like they were delivered by Ace Ventura from them and have had it take up to 9 days to recieve a package from them.