Home Non Cigar Related

I just found out...

I'm currently sitting the E.R. Awaiting insulin as I've just found out I may have diabetes (more tests to follow). Apparently I was pretty close to bring in big trouble, more to come, doc's here now.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    O.K. So now I'm here in a gown with an IV in me and have been asked the Same questions 3 time by 3 different people.... I guess they do not talk to each other..... I'm so bored.... I have a TV in this room that's not much bigger than my watch, and it's about 10 feet away.... /sigh
  • Hang in there, you will be out of there and smokin again in no time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    O.K. So now I'm here in a gown with an IV in me and have been asked the Same questions 3 time by 3 different people.... I guess they do not talk to each other..... I'm so bored.... I have a TV in this room that's not much bigger than my watch, and it's about 10 feet away.... /sigh
    how are you getting health care with our current system?

your insurance is about to drop you.

in all seriousness though, im rootin for you. take care of yourself. you're in our thoughts and prayers.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    cabinetmaker:

in all seriousness though, im rootin for you. take care of yourself. you're in our thoughts and prayers.
    Good luck cabbie. Hope all works out well for you.

Kuzi, that was uncalled for, IMO. I know you will say you were only joking and I should lighten up, but it is these comments in places like this that fan the flames. Please at least contain your political "debate" comments in the proper threads. Not everybody wants to be pulled into the $hit slingging.

Everyone from the Medical Insurance debate needs to take an hour or two and go enjoy a good cigar. Then maybe we can all come together later for some civil chat.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man I pray that all will be ok. Let us know what happens.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thoughts and prayers are with ya brother ...let us know when your outta there ...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're in our thoughts and prayers, my friend.

• HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Best of luck with everything. It is a good thing it was caught now. When it goes unnoticed for too long there can be some nasty results.

Listen to your doctors and you'll be OK!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Cabinet, my family has a LOOOOONG hx of diabetes, and while I am no Dr. I know as much as just about any lay person about the disease. Any questions or help I can provide please feel free to shoot me a PM. It can be scary and worrisome, but not the same illness it was decades ago. Doesnt make it easier on you I know...but we are here for ya and just take a deep breath bro. Let me know if I can provide anything.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Cabbie... We're here with ya bro... Good luck...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    cabinetmaker:

Well maybe you should have it happen then I think you wouldn't be making jokes. but if it hasn't happened to kuzi then it doesn't happen at all...
    I do know it is more annoying than anything telling 5 different people the same thing while in a hospital. Good luck.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the well wishes. I have type 2 diabetes and get to go to a class on monday to find out more about it.. Diabetes school, love it..
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Glad you caught it early Greg . From what I hear from family members on my dads and moms side it is very manageable. Best wishes brother , its always a pain to have any medical problem and as we get older it gets scarier ( thinking back to my heart attack in May) anyways you hang in their bro ...
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    cabinetmaker:
    Thanks for all the well wishes. I have type 2 diabetes and get to go to a class on monday to find out more about it.. Diabetes school, love it..

Though no type of diabetes is a picnic, at least you have the lesser of the two evils. Type 2 diabetes is easier to handle and control than type 1, be glad for that!! It's good to hear you'll be ok!
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    cabinetmaker:
    You can totally beat diabetes. My mom had the same experience you did, and well, I did some research I came across a few things and now she is diabetic no more and hasn't felt this good ever. Check your PM.
  • Jdorais:
    cabinetmaker:
    You can totally beat diabetes. My mom had the same experience you did, and well, I did some research I came across a few things and now she is diabetic no more and hasn't felt this good ever. Check your PM.
    could I get that info as well, please?
    Cabi, I got diagnosed with type 2 around three years ago, had it pretty bad A1c was nearly 10!!!, got educated on nutrion, dropped some weigth and was off the meds in six months, I found with lil discipline it is not that tough to manage....
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    mustluvcigars:
    Jdorais:
    cabinetmaker:
    could I get that info as well, please?
    Cabi, I got diagnosed with type 2 around three years ago, had it pretty bad A1c was nearly 10!!!, got educated on nutrion, dropped some weigth and was off the meds in six months, I found with lil discipline it is not that tough to manage....
    PM your email and I'll attach the book for ya.