Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Time flies...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today, I received this black onyx ring from my company in recognition of my five year anniversary since I started working for them. Very nice that they acknowledge milestones along the way.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, it's nice to have hard work and dedication acknowledged. Wonder what you'll recieve on your ten year anniversary?
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's Doug, time does fly when you're having fun. Liking what you do is an important part of it and a company/boss that appreciates you. I'm on my 39th year for this company, Well make that facility, we got bought out in 1996. Looking to retire next year at 59 and a half, April Fools Day sounds right for a retirement date. I thought I would work a few years there and go on to something else, ain't life grand lol. Wish you the best in the next 5 years.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Doug. I've been with the same company for 10 years and time does fly! We will wait to see what you get for your 10 year present! Wishing you all the best my friend!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats, Doug. I worked for a company that gave you little pins. Kinda cheesy but still cool for the recognition. Got my 10 year with them before they closed two locations on me. Then I took my severance and ran. Figured I was bad luck for the company. Sounds like you're doing just fine, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Congrats my friend :)All my job gives you is a stripe on your dress uniform..lame!
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    awesome! always nice to get recognized
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!