Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

WTT for Makers Mark Cigars.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody got a handful of these you'd be willing to trade?

Comments

• Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    I don't but I just so happen to be going to the distillery tomorrow morning. If they have some there I will grab them for you!
  • Options
    Thanks. I have a friend at work who wants to try them and I am interested in trying them too. Wonder what price they sell for at the distillery ? (Maybe there's some info online. I'll check. )
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Thanks. I have a friend at work who wants to try them and I am interested in trying them too. Wonder what price they sell for at the distillery ? (Maybe there's some info online. I'll check. )
    Can't guarantee that they have them there, I've never been. But I would think they'd be smart to sell them there.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also check my local B&M. They have had them there before, not sure if any are left or not.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Thanks guys. I checked the MM website and the gift shop at the distillery does sell them. I called for a price but the phone just rang off the hook. LOL I guess they are very busy. I know the price for singles will be a little higher. I like the cheaper by-the-box price, but I think I would be wise to sample a few before I buy a box. Keep me posted. Thanks again.
  • Options
    UPDATE: Placed an unrelated phone order with ccom and asked about Makers Mark and they gave me a discount on a handful of singles. So, if you see this post, don't get me any but, even if you do get some for me anyway, that's OK too. No problem. I would look forward to making a trade with either of you guys. Hope you enjoy the distillery tour D.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D hope you had fun! Maker's is a cool trip. Very nice tour and tasting. I have had a few of the cigars, pretty good, pricey. The bourbon does come through in the pre light. The sweetness hangs around through the cigar, but never too much.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They show up on sprint once in awhile.
  • Options
    I'm not seeking a trade anymore but I Just wanted to dig up this thread from a few months back because I finally got around to trying the Makers Mark original blend. It's mellow. I think it would make a great first time noobie cigar to introduce someone to cigars. It's smooth but not so mild that it's flavorless. These days I've developed a habit of lighting my cigars smoking them for a while and allowing my palate tell me whether I want a drink of water or bourbon or coke. But this cigar provided no urge to reach for a water or any other beverage. The bourbon flavor is noticeable but not so strong that it's annoying. I think this is my first infused cigar ever. Upon removing the stick from it's glass tubo, it is easy to smell the bourbon on the foot but dang it I forgot to get a good pre-light draw off of it to see if I could taste it at that point too. But, later while lit, it actually provides just a little bourbon sweetness in the finish. It burned well and only required a couple of re-lights due to my own inattention. Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know what some of my impressions were while it was fresh on my mind.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried one of these when I was a newb and liked it a lot. Need to revisit this one.