• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Only 3? Man up!!! ;) xoxo
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Only 3? Man up!!! ;) xoxo
    ??
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Maybe I'm the odd man out here but honestly I haven't and still won't be offended if I hand my cutter to someone and they decide to make Jenna Jameson proud by what they do to the cigar before cutting it. It's such an infinitesimally small amount of spittle that actually comes into contact with the cutting surface that I just don't care. I'm also the guy that if I'm having a drink or a beer and start talking to the guy or girl next to me that I offer to share my drink. I'm not a germaphobe in any way and honestly this is just me, but seems a bit candy-assed pansy to me to be worried about a small amount of spittle on a cigar, or a beer or or or etc. Maybe I'm just weird, but I will simply not give a **** unless there's a massive loogie hanging off it lol.
    thats great that you dont mind. but if you are a new guy at a shop and you ask to borrow a cutter you have no clue what their thoughts are on the topic. err on the side of caution in my opinion.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    What about a Punch cutter and cello... same theory?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    What about a Punch cutter and cello... same theory?
    Definitely NOT gonna work. Just not the right kind of motion - it´s already really easy to screw up with a punch, and adding the interference of the cello is only going to make that risk higher.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options

Funny thing reading this thread. I started a similar one on Puff around a month ago after a clerk at a B&M chastized me for cutting with the cell ON. Clerk told me it dulls the cutter. Many others wondered why one would do this.