Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Anyone else as dumb as me?

thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
So I was checking my cbid history, and saw a lot that I won back in June, and said, I don't remember seeing these cigars in my humidor. I check the tracking number and it says it was delivered and left at my garage. Oh wait, I don't have a garage. How can I let something like this slip my mind for over six months. Inquired with cbid but it has to be within 30 day. Lesson learned. Don't be like Hilk.

Comments

• thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I recognize I posted this in wrong section please forgive my stupidity
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    June, must have been a hell of a summer if you just remembered lol. What were they?
    thehilk:
    I recognize I posted this in wrong section please forgive my stupidity

Now you made me do the same, I've been "Hilked"
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about the list cigars Jeff, if u can tell us what they were I'm sure I could replace them. And I love the I've been "Hilked" I must use it.
    The3Stogies:
    June, must have been a hell of a summer if you just remembered lol. What were they?
    They weren't anything amazing which is probably why I wasn't waiting for them to arrive, but still.
    Glock1975:
    Sorry about the list cigars Jeff, if u can tell us what they were I'm sure I could replace them. And I love the I've been "Hilked" I must use it.
    Oh I know how this forum works and It was not coincidental that I did not give these cigars a name, it's not the $ or the cigars, it's just the absent mindedness which I cannot believe I exhibited.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sucks to hear about list cigars. A few months ago I had an order delivered and then a week later discovered the tracking number in my email, completely forgot it was already delivered... Checked the tracking saw they were delivered and then freaked thinking they were stolen... I emailed the company inquiring about it and about 2 hours after emailing i discovered them in my humidor. Quickly sent another email telling them to disregard the first. Felt so stupid
    Don't know if this is getting "Hilked" but was supposed to get my DD of Vegas Golds yesterday, tracking said out for delivery at 10:00. Got home about 4:30 and my mail was there but no cigars. Checked the tracking, still the same then after supper checked again and had notification it was un-deliverable at 5:55, receptacle was blocked. Was sitting here all evening mailbox wide open, no blockage just some BS.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've been hilked like that too stogie. lazy deliverymen. Also, once, never received a package alhtough said delivered. They graciously sent me another one after the desginated waiting time. Couple weeks later a neighbor from a block over knocks at my door. Says his wife got this package a couple weeks ago and they forgot to bring them over. So I called them back up and had them charge me for another mazo. And that's how I ended up with so many The Animals.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    I've been hilked like that too stogie. lazy deliverymen. Also, once, never received a package alhtough said delivered. They graciously sent me another one after the desginated waiting time. Couple weeks later a neighbor from a block over knocks at my door. Says his wife got this package a couple weeks ago and they forgot to bring them over. So I called them back up and had them charge me for another mazo. And that's how I ended up with so many The Animals.
    I like The Animals...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    WaltBasil:
    A lesser man would not have been that honest! You sir are a stand up guy!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Double post
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    thehilk:
    WaltBasil:
    A lesser man would not have been that honest! You sir are a stand up guy!

^^This
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought Walt Basil. Is that wrong of me? HahA
    MorganGeo:
    When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought Walt Basil. Is that wrong of me? HahA
    That's it, I'm shunning you. Dwight Schrute style.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    Now, that's funny right there... I don't care who you are... that's funny!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    MorganGeo:
    Don't be an enabler, Doug. We don't condone his behavior.
    WaltBasil:
    Puff_Dougie:
    MorganGeo:

Have to admit, I chuckled
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    WaltBasil:
    Puff_Dougie:
    MorganGeo:

Have to admit, I chuckled
    I had to mute myself since I was at work when I read it lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."