Home General Discussion
Options

Good mild cigars

I pretty much always smoke full bodied cigars and I was wondering if anyone knows of any really good mild-medium smokes that someone like me could enjoy. I have never had a mild-bodied cigar that I really enjoyed and I want to change that. Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Joya De Nicaragua Classico line is a great mild to medium cigar with a great draw, great burn and smooth and tasty all in all ....... i would also throw the 5Vegas gold line out there but the last few i've had have all been sub par ...... i was always a mild-medium guy till a few months ago ..... gettin new cigars in trades and games here has let me try some more cigars ...... my two new favs are 5Vegas A series and the Cask II which i loaded up on a few days ago and is now my number 2 ...... but i you can get some of the JDN Classico give em a whirl iam sure you will love em
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Oliva Serie O
    CCOM Blue Label
    CCOM Purple Label
    CAO Gold
    Montecristo White
  • Options
    CAO Black, CAO Cameroon, 5 Vegas, 5 Vegas Gold, LA Robusto, Fuente 858, Fuente Hemingway. Humm there are a tone of great mild-med smokes out there! Just a few off the top of my head.

Peace, Nick
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    At this point, the 5 Vegas Gold is my favorite mild. It's definitely mild, but I can usually still taste layers of complexity throughout the stick. I also enjoy the Oliva Connecticut Reserve on occasion as well.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Puros Indios Viejo
  • Options
    MAJORdorMo:
    Oliva Serie O
    CCOM Blue Label
    CCOM Purple Label
    CAO Gold
    Montecristo White
    I have to second the CCOM Blue Label. I had one this weekend and really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 5 Vegas Gold and CAO Gold. I used to like Macanudo way back when I started. I bought one a few months ago and hated it. Had no flavor IMO. I guess my palate has changed and loves medium-full flavor.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold
    Oliva Connecticut Reserve
    Perdomo ESV 91
    Rocky Patel Signature
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1999
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really like Ashton when I want a mild cigar with a lot of flavor.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I like the RP Connecticut and Vintage 1992 (more medium though). Verdadero Organic is an interesting mild as well.

Also, a nice little mild AND cheap one I recently discovered is the Montesino maduro. Really liked it, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this one.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second the Oliva O and Connecticut Reserve.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I second the Verdadero Organic ...nice cigar
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I second the Rocky Patel 1999. Probably my favorite stick to have in the morning with breakfast and coffee... Also the Perdomo Lot 23 - very nice stick.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    gmill880:
    I second the Verdadero Organic ...nice cigar

Verdadero Organic, in my opinion, isn't all that great. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad, but its just kinda...meh.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I like the RP Connecticut and Vintage 1992 (more medium though). Verdadero Organic is an interesting mild as well.

Also, a nice little mild AND cheap one I recently discovered is the Montesino maduro. Really liked it, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this one.
    ... Oh yes I have.. The very first cigar I ever smoked was a Montesino. Made by Fuentes, it is the one that hooked me fifteen years ago. Love 'em still. By the way, Verdadero was the cigar I was going to mention as my new favorite " Mild" Hmmm. I too enjoy the 1992, are we related ?
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Heavy:

... Oh yes I have.. The very first cigar I ever smoked was a Montesino. Made by Fuentes, it is the one that hooked me fifteen years ago. Love 'em still. By the way, Verdadero was the cigar I was going to mention as my new favorite " Mild" Hmmm. I too enjoy the 1992, are we related ?

Well, I am from South Carolina and we're all related, so you never know.

Glad to see some love for the Montesino. I had never heard of them and tried one out of the blue recently, not expecting much at all and really liked it.

Got a couple of Verdaderos with my first c.com order earlier this year. I liked that it had a different/unique flavor profile while being mild, instead of just being mild and boring.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    The Padilla Habano I smoked yesterday was pretty mild/med and was damn good IMO. Love the 1992 as well.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Oops, that last post was me, I'm using Jimmy's computer and he was still logged in...
  • Options
    I recently had the Avo Uvezian AVO No.9. Great smoke. It had that creamy taste without tasting like you're puffing air. At $8.99, it might be spendy, but I don't regret a cent of it.
  • Options
    So far the ones I plan to try are: Rocky Patel Signature and Vintage 1999, Avo, Ashton, and maybe an Oliva Conny. I have already tried a lot of the sticks mentioned here.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I really like Ashton when I want a mild cigar with a lot of flavor.

WERD. I was going to say this as well, one of the smoothest cigars I've ever smoked. Ashton Classic FTW (mild cigars).
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked a mild cigar today that I picked up on auction, a Napa Estate from H Uppman, it's not going to win any awards, but for the price it was a smooth, tasty mild cigar. Not quite an Ashton, but a good low price alternative. A nice looking toro encased in an aluminum tubo. To give an idea on pricing, a box of 30 can be had for $75.
  • Options
    Last night I smoke my first Gurkha Park Avenue and it was a pretty good mild cigar. Reminded me of a CAO Gold or 5 Vegas Gold. You can pick these up for $2.00 or $2.50 a stick. It would be a good one to hand out to friends who might not appreciate your prized sticks.
  • Options
    I think the Park Avenues are a really good smoke, but they have to rest a couple of months for the full flavor to come ouot.  they are a little harsh off the truck IMHO.
  • Options
    Sam Spade:
    I think the Park Avenues are a really good smoke, but they have to rest a couple of months for the full flavor to come ouot.  they are a little harsh off the truck IMHO.
    This one had some rest. It started off mild yet peppery. The middle was mild and creamy. The nub was really good and I started to burn my fingers so I smoked almost the entire thing. It was like it wanted to break free from being mild but couldn't. There was something there I can't pinpoint. For a mild cigar I though it was very enjoyable. My palate is starting to not enjoy mild cigars. I have graduated to medium and full lol.
  • Options
    i agree, the 1st inch or so is pretty spicy, but it settles down to a petty mild smoke after that.