Home General Discussion

BOTLs with BlackBerries

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, I know that a lot of you don't make it into the Off-Topic forum very often, so I thought I'd mention in here that a few of us have started a Ccom BlackBerry Messenger group and it's going along pretty well so far.

If you have a BB and you're up for some nice discussion, picture sharing, cigar chat, etc etc then you should head on over to Off-Topic and check out the thread!

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us guys. I like it because it is IM with real time conversations instead of waiting here for a reply on the boards. I still love the boards here and will use this as much as I do now.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I just feel sad for the guys that don't have berries... :(
    No kidding. I never thought I would want a BlackBerry and this year I switched carriers and gave in. Man was I missing out. I love this thing and it is amazing. I have the Tour by the way. I am running the following apps with tons of memory left.

Facebook
    UberTwitter
    NFL mobile Live
    Scoremobile - Live sports scores for every damn sport you can imagine
    Sprint Nav - Awesome GPS
    Google Maps - Another awesome GPS
    Google Mobile App
    Gmail
    Weather Bug
    Opera Mini 5 beta - Browser. I thought why would you need a new browser other then the BB browser and this thing is freaking awesome!
    BerryBuzz - Custom LED lights
    Blackberry App World
    Poynt - Sweet program uses your GPS to find local businesses, movies, people, restaurants.. it gives you tons of info including driving directions.
    Pandora - Music
    Fly Cast- Radio which is a must have. I can listen to Coast to Coast AM at night. Stations all over the country.
    Sprint TV
    Dictionary
    Quick Pull

All were free except for BerryBuzz which was cheap and it is a must have.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Glad to see this thread as I was going to start one and ask a question. I just upgraded from a Curve to a Tour and now I can't read the threads on here. I can get to the site, see the forums, but when I click on a topic it goes tot a ccom screen that says the page can't be found... Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution to it?
    Try downloading Opera Mini 5 Beta or a different browser for free. I really like Opera and it has quirks but you can read and respond.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I use bolt browser when i'm cruising the forums from my BB. You don't need to zoom with it like you do on Opera Mini. However, to each their own.
    I haven't tried Bolt yet but I know lots of people like it. Maybe I will give it a try too.