Home Non Cigar Related

Some days work are such that...

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
...you have to put on head phones and crank NOFX just to get any work done.

Your turn...
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I am retired there are times when I want my space and peace and quiet. Like you I put the headphones on and the added advantage of locking the door.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...i have to go to the brewpub at lunch and throw back a couple in order to make it through the afternoon.

your turn...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    ...you have to put on head phones and crank NOFX just to get any work done.

Your turn...
    Great band, can't ever go wrong with Heavy Pettingzoo, or the Decline.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    ... i have to shut the outside lights off and pretend they are broken in order to get through a graveyard ...
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    ...i have to go to the brewpub at lunch and throw back a couple in order to make it through the afternoon.

your turn...
    Along these lines but I just sneak out early and hit up the cigar bar. Bourbon and a cigar really brings me back to a happy place...

your turn...
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I drink a couple of $1.39 Foster's oil cans and all seems well. Not that it is, but I will take it.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Just look forward to the end of the day, keep saying that it's only 8 hours, then a cigar awaits. Lol, my work prayer.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hike up the hill to my studio, plug in the coffee, build a fire in the woodstove, turn on some music, grab a cigar and make a list of the things i want to do for the day. Sometimes I let the phone ring and go to messages cause I get busy. I think about three weeks ago i had someone come by for fifteen minutes and say hello. Me, these beautiful mountains and solitude get along well.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    I hike up the hill to my studio, plug in the coffee, build a fire in the woodstove, turn on some music, grab a cigar and make a list of the things i want to do for the day. Sometimes I let the phone ring and go to messages cause I get busy. I think about three weeks ago i had someone come by for fifteen minutes and say hello. Me, these beautiful mountains and solitude get along well.

That's paradise right there.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    You are a blessed man, Rodger!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... I have to mute myself while I scream into my headset at the azz hat on the other line that thinks they are entitled to the moon simply because they breathe..... Your turn.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I usually go punch a box or two in the walk-in freezer, on rare occasions I take a sip out of my pocket flask
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    I trade free coffee for free drink to the bar next door on lunch lol. Otherwise box punching is all too common.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am lucky Puff cause i found what I am supposed to do. I went for many years after the war (Vietnam) searching for myself. I tried a lot jobs but could not deal with someone telling me what to do. I had a relevation and found that i was a maker in the eary 80's. I took two years then and built my studio by myself. In another ten years i replaced the single pane windows with double panes and I was finally warm. After fifteen years I saved enough to bore a well and set a septic tank out back and I had water. I spend a lot of time by myself because the ptsd from the war has stunted my social skills. I'm not good at banter as most know, I only post when I've got something to say. I value the friendship and the caring nature of you folks even though i mostly lurk through all the posts. I'll just keep making stuff and maybe some day we can trade cigars and have a smoke together.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    i am lucky Puff cause i found what I am supposed to do. I went for many years after the war (Vietnam) searching for myself. I tried a lot jobs but could not deal with someone telling me what to do. I had a relevation and found that i was a maker in the eary 80's. I took two years then and built my studio by myself. In another ten years i replaced the single pane windows with double panes and I was finally warm. After fifteen years I saved enough to bore a well and set a septic tank out back and I had water. I spend a lot of time by myself because the ptsd from the war has stunted my social skills. I'm not good at banter as most know, I only post when I've got something to say. I value the friendship and the caring nature of you folks even though i mostly lurk through all the posts. I'll just keep making stuff and maybe some day we can trade cigars and have a smoke together.
    Rodger you're a great man and a true class act in my book. You ever want to just have a sounding board or someone to just listen or anything you hit me up. I will always have time no matter what day or time it is. Aces in my mind my friend ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    That, sir, would be an honor.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon