Home General Discussion
Options

Cain F?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
What exactly is this cigar? I haven't seen it on Ccom, and my B&M doesn't have the Cains in yet.

Comments

• Options
    It was a limited batch that came out with the debut of the Cain line. I'm not sure what the intent behind it was, but it was used as a "buy four; get a Cain F" deal in my cigar shop. Apparently it was a once in a life time run. But rumor has it (in my local shop at least) that their thinking of producing the Cain F for regular purchase. The blend is as follows:

32% Esteli Ligero
    25% Condega Ligero
    25% Jalapa Ligero

I haven't smoked mine yet, but my friend who smokes full bodied cigars for brunch got green and dizzy from one draw.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    SweetnLow:
    It was a limited batch that came out with the debut of the Cain line. I'm not sure what the intent behind it was, but it was used as a "buy four; get a Cain F" deal in my cigar shop. Apparently it was a once in a life time run. But rumor has it (in my local shop at least) that their thinking of producing the Cain F for regular purchase. The blend is as follows: 32% Esteli Ligero 25% Condega Ligero 25% Jalapa Ligero I haven't smoked mine yet, but my friend who smokes full bodied cigars for brunch got green and dizzy from one draw.
    Daaaaaaaamn. One draw? It must have the funky stuff in it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    clearlysuspect:
    SweetnLow:
    It was a limited batch that came out with the debut of the Cain line. I'm not sure what the intent behind it was, but it was used as a "buy four; get a Cain F" deal in my cigar shop. Apparently it was a once in a life time run. But rumor has it (in my local shop at least) that their thinking of producing the Cain F for regular purchase. The blend is as follows: 32% Esteli Ligero 25% Condega Ligero 25% Jalapa Ligero I haven't smoked mine yet, but my friend who smokes full bodied cigars for brunch got green and dizzy from one draw.
    Daaaaaaaamn. One draw? It must have the funky stuff in it.
    some one hitta quitta she-it
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked the Cain maduro over the weekend, wasn't bad at all. Probably not worth the $7.99 I paid for it though.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just ordered a 5 pack of the Cain F from Ccom. If I like these I will most likely be getting more just because they are a one time production. Hopefully they turn out to be worth it.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Pssst.  Hey guys....

5 for $25 shipped.

tblythe at cigar.com   

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...interesting. I didn't see the Cain F on Ccom, must be a call-in only thing? I have one coming in a trade, if I dig them I will have to call up and order a few. Especially at 5 for $25.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    timb:

Pssst.  Hey guys....

5 for $25 shipped.

tblythe at cigar.com   

Tim, you're a bad, bad man. :)
  • Options
    SweetnLow:
    100% Ligero, 82% of the time
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    SweetnLow:
    100% Ligero, 82% of the time
    Those guys sound like they were smoking something else before they got to the Cain...something green.
  • Options
    I find those two quite entertaining, All that rambling and mouthing off at the begining, and then go on to rave about the cigar, It makes me want to try one, lol.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    timb:

Pssst.  Hey guys....

5 for $25 shipped.

tblythe at cigar.com   

for the cain for cain F?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    timb:

Pssst.  Hey guys....

5 for $25 shipped.

tblythe at cigar.com   

I can see him in a alley with a trench coat on ...hey buddy psssst ...ya like cigars ...huh huh well do ya !?!?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    timb:

Pssst.  Hey guys....

5 for $25 shipped.

tblythe at cigar.com   

for the cain for cain F?
    If you meant Cain or Cain F, the answer is Cain F.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks. I wasn't too fond of the cain, kept having issues with the burn on both cigars... Unless the F is much better....
  • Options
    I've read about these,im curious. I'm a big NUB fan. O Leccia knows his buisness. Tell me howthey go
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    ashley12:
    I've read about these,im curious. I'm a big NUB fan. O Leccia knows his buisness. Tell me howthey go
    The Cain is a good cigar, just doesn't live up to the hype. They need a lot of rest, similar, in my mind, to the CAO eXtreme, though I perfer the eXtreme more.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ah, thanks. I wasn't too fond of the cain, kept having issues with the burn on both cigars... Unless the F is much better....
    My opinion here, I think the F is better than the normal Cain. I thought the flavor was more pronounced and it had a greater complexity....or maybe the flavor was just more pronounced, hard to say as I wasn't really paying close attention.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I agree, I picked one of the Habanos from my B&M, rested it for a month and was quite unimpressed when I smoked it.
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I bought a box of the Maduro and like them more and more each time I smoke one.  I'm still gun shy each time I light one up, expecting to curl up like a baby, but as usual, they mellow as you go and I realize, I'm not going to curl up like a baby.  LOL

The F is just a different combination of the ligero's.  Look at the blend posted early in the thread, then look at the blend of a regular Cane.  If I'm not mistaken, the F is a habano wrapper?

At 1 of the 2 NUB events I was at, it was said that it is planned to be a 2010 release but exactly what and how it will be done isn't decided yet.  The source of the information was someone close to the information. Wink [;)]

Going a different direction, has anyone that's smoked a Cain, smoked a RP Brothers?  I thought it was like a RP Vintage '90 wrapped in a Cain.  Very interesting smoke.