Home Non Cigar Related

Super Bowl smack talk thread

2»

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that half the fighters in UFC just now signed up to play for SEA next season. #LOB
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I heard that half the fighters in UFC just now signed up to play for SEA next season. #LOB
    Legion Of Bandwagon?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap! What a game!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    Worst play call ever...
    Ya think?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

#USADBRO?photo 55B26875-00A7-4D11-9AAD-AEF1E2CCD4B7.jpg
    Rain:
    I have the satisfaction of Sea losing and that NEs win will always be tainted to people by deflategate and spygate.
    photo 70B022E0-7A23-4E81-BCED-F664C1DF373F.jpg
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    lol I've also seen that with:

TOM BRADY HAS
    RINGS
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too bad the cheating basta*ds won! The only good thing is that it shut Sherman up.

The odd thing is that they are good enough they don't have to cheat. It's like A-Rod taking steroids. He has tremendous native talent and would have been a beloved super star, but he had to cheat, lie about it and cheat again. Sort of like the Patriots...

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    It's too bad the cheating basta*ds won! The only good thing is that it shut Sherman up.

The odd thing is that they are good enough they don't have to cheat. It's like A-Rod taking steroids. He has tremendous native talent and would have been a beloved super star, but he had to cheat, lie about it and cheat again. Sort of like the Patriots...

Not trying to pick a fight but I gotta say it's ironic talking about good sportsmanship and all that when in your name you have the Yankees... A team throughout history stained by poor sportsmanship and plagued by cheating lol. Just a bit ironic is all... ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Seattle played a great game, but Bill Buckner must be sleeping easier knowing that he's now only responsible for the SECOND biggest choke in championship sports history.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    YankeeMan:

Not trying to pick a fight but I gotta say it's ironic talking about good sportsmanship and all that when in your name you have the Yankees... A team throughout history stained by poor sportsmanship and plagued by cheating lol. Just a bit ironic is all... ;)
    That's why I mentioned A-Roid.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Seattle played a great game, but Bill Buckner must be sleeping easier knowing that he's now only responsible for the SECOND biggest choke in championship sports history.

Rain:
    I have the satisfaction of Sea losing and that NEs win will always be tainted to people by deflategate and spygate.

Buckner references are always appreciated.

Let's just call this the asterisk bowl.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Holy crap! What a game!

I think if I had stopped watching the game, like I usually do, and got up this morning, read what happened, I would have cried. Screw the Deflategate and the Spygate, the commercials (one good one) , bob costas (sucked), half time (sucked) and all the rest of it. That was a game to remember.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I actually did that. Watched it several times in slow motion and freeze framed it. For me, best part of the game. Oh, and as far as his heart ripping in half, non't worry, I'm pretty sure that half of nothing still equals nothing. Yeah, he's the biggest reason I wanted the Pats to win.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    raisindot:

Rain:

Buckner references are always appreciated.

Let's just call this the asterisk bowl.
    Then what do we call the Seahawks' 2014 Super Bowl -- PedGate? Funny how no one said that the Seahawks should give up their Super Bowl bid when six Seahawks were suspended for using PEDs and one (Sherman) beat the rap on appeal. How many Seahawks wins did PEDs account for during their championship season?