Home Non Cigar Related

"Better Call Saul," Breaking Bad Spinoff

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
"Better Call Saul," the "Breaking Bad" prequel series, goes back in time to tell the origin story of the colorful tie-wearing man who we know and love as Saul. Vince Gilligan and his fellow "Breaking Bad" producer and writer Peter Gould, give a brief glimpse into what the new series will be about. Gilligan says that "Better Call Saul" takes place "about half a decade before Walter White meets Saul Goodman" and raises the questions of how and why McGill turns into the crooked criminal lawyer. Alongside Bob Odenkirk reprising his fan favorite role as Saul, Jonathan Banks will return as fixer Mike Ehrmantraut.

Were you a fan of Breaking Bad? Will you be watching Better Call Saul?

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely watching Better Call Saul. I loved the Saul character from Breaking Bad and have high hopes for this show.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be watching this. Originally I did not have very high hopes but then I saw the trailer. It looked really good.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike? Didn't he die?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Mike? Didn't he die?
    Bob Luken:
    Gilligan says that "Better Call Saul" takes place "about half a decade before Walter White meets Saul Goodman.
    A review for the pilot episode is out and is very positive.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Im all in and I think it might be a flashback thats why good ole Mike is alive and kickin. BB is one of the best shows Ive ever seen
    Just watched both episodes last night, and I'm still all in! Good stuff from these guys
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I set the DVR for both shows. Haven't watched them yet. I never saw Breaking Bad. I was more Sons Of Anarchy. I'm just looking for a new show. Looking forward to checking it out
    Just watched both episodes. I'm in. Good stuff
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to tell my wife to set the dvr for it. What day is it on. To late for the pilot but maybe it will be on demand.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Normal timeslot Mondays @10.

Liking it so far. Neat that they're bringing back a few of the Breaking Bad characters.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i watched it this week and I like it but I am lost. Never watched BB and have no clue who this guy in black & white at Cinnabon is or how it relates to this other lawyer. It is a good show though.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    i watched it this week and I like it but I am lost. Never watched BB and have no clue who this guy in black & white at Cinnabon is or how it relates to this other lawyer. It is a good show though.
    The guy in the Cinabon store is the present day Saul...He had to start a new life as a result of his "Breaking Bad" experience. A sort of witness protection but without the government or law enforcement involvement...$125,000 paid to a vacuum cleaner sales and repair man and you get a new life. Far from his issues in New Mexico, Saul is now in Nebraska. That's why he looks so concerned when he thinks the guy in the store is staring at him . He thinks he has been discovered . This series, Better call Saul is the story of his earlier days. A " Prequel " Leading up to B.B... That's why he is watching a video tape of his T.V. Commercials. Did I explain it well enough ?
    Rhamlin:
    I'll have to tell my wife to set the dvr for it. What day is it on. To late for the pilot but maybe it will be on demand.
    There's still time to catch a rerun of the first episode. Episode name is uno. I think. And second episode too. And if I'm not mistaken they show both again on Amc within the next couple of days. The first episode I was a little lost. Even though I had seen breaking bad. But the second episode picks up speed considerably. I looked it up on wikipedia to see an outline of the plot for the first episode. Helped me figure out who all the other lawyers are and cleared up things for me.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I watched the first two episodes and was pleasantly surprised. I really didn't expect much from this prequel. I didn't think the Saul character could pull the weight of an entire show. To those who haven't seen Breaking Bad...probably the best series I've ever watched.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    If these guys can do what they did for BB, this show is gonna get wicked good, can't wait for the next one. BB is the only show ever televised that captured the hustle as is IMHO, they did go a little over the top with some of the meth heads, but only a little
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode two,, Holy Shiznit!!! lol
    I can't wait to see Gus again. He was such a nice guy.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Calling it now: there's a reveal a long while down the road that Saul knew Pinkman prior to BB.

I'm loving this show though!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    Calling it now: there's a reveal a long while down the road that Saul knew Pinkman prior to BB.

Pinkman knew Saul, Pinkman told Walter to see Saul because he defended nacho.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Ken Light:

Pinkman knew Saul, Pinkman told Walter to see Saul because he defended nacho.
    Really? I don't remember that at all. Well then nevermind. But then I hope they put him in the new show soon, he was a great character.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    jsnake:
    The guy in the Cinabon store is the present day Saul...He had to start a new life as a result of his "Breaking Bad" experience. A sort of witness protection but without the government or law enforcement involvement...$125,000 paid to a vacuum cleaner sales and repair man and you get a new life. Far from his issues in New Mexico, Saul is now in Nebraska. That's why he looks so concerned when he thinks the guy in the store is staring at him . He thinks he has been discovered . This series, Better call Saul is the story of his earlier days. A " Prequel " Leading up to B.B... That's why he is watching a video tape of his T.V. Commercials. Did I explain it well enough ?
    Ah ok thanks. Guess I need to watch BB some day too
    Just saw episode 3.. awesome, these guys know how to make a good show!!!
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    So far so good. My expectations were pretty low tbh, but that was before I realized it was a prequel. The fact that they brought so many characters back makes it a ton more interesting.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I really hope this shows up on Netflix eventually, currently rewatching Breaking Bad because this is easily the best show since The Shield, just started season 4 this morning. Really want to see the spin off prequel.
    Please tell me someone is still watch in this cuz it just got AWESOME!!!!
    I'm still on board. Haven't seen last nights episode. Looking forward to it
    Poopy Jones:

Last night they started to up the ante, I'm not spoilin nothin, its worth watchin!!
    SM0K3Y:
    Poopy Jones:

Last night they started to up the ante, I'm not spoilin nothin, its worth watchin!!
    Just finished watching it. It just flew by it was so good. Glad I'm watching this show. SOA finished back in November and I needed another cool show to watch
    This weeks episode was great. Highly recommend this series.