Home Non Cigar Related

Do you yo?

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
Been a rough couple of weeks at the office. Lost one staff member. Made a bad hire and had to fire another. Computer issues and all the other everyday hassles inherent to healthcare delivery these days. Too cold to enjoy a cigar so I yoyo to unwind. Nothin like some mindless, pointless play. Anyone else yoyo?
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have a few friends that still do though.

... but I do play Kendama to kill some time. I wouldn't necessarily say that these skill toys are mindless and pointless. They help you a great deal with hand eye coordination.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Poor word choice on my part. Just meant it's something I do to relax as opposed to most of the other things that occupy my day. I've tinkered with Kendama a little here and there. Hoping my 3yo daughter picks it up for the aforementioned hand eye coordination.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Im not any good, but it always brings a smile to my face. Have a green duncan I carry around in my backpack.. Can do a bad walk the dog and i hope my plane doesn't crash around the world. Lol still love em tho. Im just a big kid at heart. Otherwise I always carry a deck of cards around and a few 50 cent peices to play with.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Poor word choice on my part. Just meant it's something I do to relax as opposed to most of the other things that occupy my day. I've tinkered with Kendama a little here and there. Hoping my 3yo daughter picks it up for the aforementioned hand eye coordination.
    Post a vid
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Do you even lube your bearings bro?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Used to when I was a kid, broke a few things learning around the world, smacked myself a few times too. Walking the dog I never could really master.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I've always had a passing fascination with yoyo (I distinctly remember this school event when I was just a little kid and they brought this "yoyo master" to do a demonstration..was totally badass), but never picked up very many tricks. I can do around the world, and walk the dog if I have the right yoyo for it, but that's about it.

My pocket distraction of choice is my harmonica. I had this cheapo little Blues Band that I carried with me everywhere I went for the longest time, was fun just to wail away on it sometimes. I lost it somewhere unfortunately, but my wife surprised me with this awesome Marine Band 1896 for my birthday. Before anybody asks, I really suck at playing the harmonica, so no I'm not sharing any videos lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    I've always had a passing fascination with yoyo (I distinctly remember this school event when I was just a little kid and they brought this "yoyo master" to do a demonstration..was totally badass), but never picked up very many tricks. I can do around the world, and walk the dog if I have the right yoyo for it, but that's about it.

My pocket distraction of choice is my harmonica. I had this cheapo little Blues Band that I carried with me everywhere I went for the longest time, was fun just to wail away on it sometimes. I lost it somewhere unfortunately, but my wife surprised me with this awesome Marine Band 1896 for my birthday. Before anybody asks, I really suck at playing the harmonica, so no I'm not sharing any videos lol
    Harmonica is so much harder than ppl think! Learning to "bend" is tough. Watching youtube videos has helped me a little. Maybe when you get better you can teach me?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Hays:

Harmonica is so much harder than ppl think! Learning to "bend" is tough. Watching youtube videos has helped me a little. Maybe when you get better you can teach me?
    Lol man, I'm not teaching anybody. Youtube is awesome though; if you're not already, look up Adam Gussow. He's the king of harmonica instruction on Youtube, and has so many videos that'll give you more information on the harmonica than you ever realized possible. My problem with bending has actually been reverse than most - I just picked up a harp and played, and it took me forever to realize that I was drawing in on a bend as opposed to a clean note, so I've been having to practice my notes normally and THEN wail on the bend. I think it comes from being a whistler (if I could play the harmonica, or hell ANY instrument, as well as I whistle then I'd be freakin unstoppable). ANYway, sorry to ejgorman for the thread-jack, no more of that for me.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did when I was younger. I stopped immediately after I hit myself in the nuts trying to do around the world with the yoyo!

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    In December, someone gave my kid a cheap yo and I picked it up and walked the dog right away. Called him right back and kept going strong. My daughter couldn't even get it to return once. Time for fatherly instruction. I pick it up again and was about to try around the world or a cradle and it fell apart in my hands. Stupid cheap TMNT yo you.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.