Home Non Cigar Related

Smooth Top Ovens

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Finally a bit of luck.

Replaced our one burner oven with a smooth top convection oven.

Any one have any sage advice to offer up?

The one thing I do not like about it is the burners when you turn them on do not stay on. They will go off for a few seconds and come back on, got to find a way to stop that nonsense.

The convection part is great. Set it at 500, hit the convection button and the temp drops to 350 when the fans come on. Cooks perfect and it appears it will save a few bucks.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    They will go off for a few seconds and come back on, got to find a way to stop that nonsense.
    I am pretty sure that is just how they work and is the proper function of this style of stove.

Unlike a gas-stove where you can regulate the flow of gas to adjust the flame size and therefore the heat, electric stoves only have "two" settings: ON and OFF. There is no in between.

So they will turn on and off to maintain the desired "setting."

Try this experiment:
    Set the control to high & you will notice they stay on "most" of the time as the temp sensor tries to hit that "high" setting.
    Set the control to an intermediate value, and the coil will kick on and off at a more equal interval to maintain that mid-range temperature.
    Then set it to "low" and you should notice the coil is "off" more than it's "on".

If you are having troubles maintaining the desired temperature though, and the burners don't seem to be cycling properly you should contact the store you purchased it from, or the manufacturer for service as you may have a defective sensor or circuit board.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's kinda what all electric eyes do. Also, keep the ceramic clean. Pain in the ass once anything burns on. but elbow grease gets most crud off
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    That's kinda what all electric eyes do. Also, keep the ceramic clean. Pain in the ass once anything burns on. but elbow grease gets most crud off
    SOS pads work great for the burnt on stuff.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America