Home Non Cigar Related

Off the deep end plans

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So I hope im not the only weird one around here… Well I know most of you are weird but as to how weird I don’t know. Lol Anywho… as you read in the title this is about “off the deep end” plans. I have discussed this with my wife and had her adjust her life insurance plans to help accommodate my future needs to accomplish said plan.

My “off the deep end” plan

If something were to happen to my wife and daughter I honestly wouldn’t have anything left to live for. I want to go out in a blaze of glory (EDITED TO AVOID CONFUSION - No shooting involved. I don't want to kill anyone or hurt anyone... its not my personality to do so) or get arrested for some AWESOME reason and live the rest of my life knowing I did what I wanted to. My plan consists of selling off all our belongings, the house and our cars and traveling to Rachel Nevada for a short period of time. Between home and Rachel I will have grabbed something along the lines of a CORRS Toyota Tacoma or something along those lines. After stockpiling enough fuel for a few dry runs in the desert and get a feel for the terrain and vehicle.

After spending a week or so in Rachel and enjoying an endless line of cigars and free life… I will make my run on Area 51. Ive mapped out the roads in already and gotten a ballpark idea of how I can make a decent speed run into it… I have NO CLUE what defenses look like but looks mostly like a few simple guard gates to run through. OR I can get some decent topographical maps and try to map out a full off-road assault. Im sure I could get in a decent ways passed their no trespassing borders… but after that who knows what will happen.

So ive shown you mine… Show me yours! Lol Whats your “off the deep end” plan?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations you are now on the watch lists of many 3-letter gov't agencies.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    So I hope im not the only weird one around here… Well I know most of you are weird but as to how weird I don’t know. Lol Anywho… as you read in the title this is about “off the deep end” plans. I have discussed this with my wife and had her adjust her life insurance plans to help accommodate my future needs to accomplish said plan.

My “off the deep end” plan

If something were to happen to my wife and daughter I honestly wouldn’t have anything left to live for. I want to go out in a blaze of glory or get arrested for some AWESOME reason and live the rest of my life knowing I did what I wanted to. My plan consists of selling off all our belongings, the house and our cars and traveling to Rachel Nevada for a short period of time. Between home and Rachel I will have grabbed something along the lines of a CORRS Toyota Tacoma or something along those lines. After stockpiling enough fuel for a few dry runs in the desert and get a feel for the terrain and vehicle.

After spending a week or so in Rachel and enjoying an endless line of cigars and free life… I will make my run on Area 51. Ive mapped out the roads in already and gotten a ballpark idea of how I can make a decent speed run into it… I have NO CLUE what defenses look like but looks mostly like a few simple guard gates to run through. OR I can get some decent topographical maps and try to map out a full off-road assault. Im sure I could get in a decent ways passed their no trespassing borders… but after that who knows what will happen.

So ive shown you mine… Show me yours! Lol Whats your “off the deep end” plan?
    Hmmm. There is no such thing as an awesome reason to get arrested...Very strange topic here, let's hope things all stays good for you. Blaze of glory always has a bad ending, and I don't want to see that picture of you on the 10:00 o'clock news.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO! Yeah my original plan was go offload everything and go to Alaska and become a greenhorn on a crabbing boat. That or up and move to Scotland. For me its really all about the planning. I enjoy planning trips/events/whatnot. plus I honestly do not want to just sit around and be sad the rest of my life. Everything in my life is going great now, Family is in good health, home and work life are great... So I cant complain.
    jgibv:

If the government wants to keep an eye on me... They are gonna be severely bored. lol!!! Wake up, work, go home eat dinner, play minecraft and sleep... Lather rinse repeat.
    I'm gonna clarify one thing. When I say "blaze of glory" I don't mean shooting anyone or anything. I don't have that in me. (Feel like a freakin stooge... Didn't even occur to me that using that phrase would be interpreted that way. not really the way I think of that phrase myself. lol)
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification, I like your plan. Iv told Colleen that if something ever happens like what you described I would probably just go in a huge funk, drink a lot, and yell at kids for stepping on my lawn.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna sneak into Jim's (Bigshizza) attic and live out the rest of my days. It will be glorious.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Stubble:
    I'm gonna sneak into Jim's (Bigshizza) attic and live out the rest of my days. It will be glorious.

Oh.... this idea sounds a lot more appealing.

As for drinking and yelling at kids on your lawn... I do that as is. lol
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    You'd be better off in his closet downstairs.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I thought about it...I like the shallow end. I can't come up with a deep end scenario. Just to dip my foot in the pool is okay with me.
    Echambers:
    Stubble:
    You'd be better off in his closet downstairs.

Next time you are in town we will work up a detailed map and possible points of entry to the Shizza stronghold. ;)
    kaspera79:
    I thought about it...I like the shallow end. I can't come up with a deep end scenario. Just to dip my foot in the pool is okay with me.

Nothing wrong with just goin a little bit crazy instead of balls to the wall nut case. lol
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Boat to the Bremuda triangle for me.
    One God, One Truth
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Tacoma perfect, I'd mount a remote controlled water cannon to the bed and go around blasting those power walkers.
    I'm too old for a blaze of glory, maybe a puff of smoke is more like it. Thinking, eventually I would take a national road trip, drop in and personally bomb some BOTL's. That would be a puff of smoke.

Actually, I am retiring next year, my wife the next, and we are thinking of traveling out to Washington, California and Texas to see family and hang out.

If you do go off the deep end, plans are out the window and instincts kick in, look out.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'd walk myself into a jungle and see how long I can make it. 2 minutes, 2 decades, who cares.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This raises a good question as to what to do in the event of a travesty. I am actually Not sure how I would handle it. I keep coming back to water, a boat, and fishing poles.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Heaven forbid, if I lost my wife (no kids) theres only four words.........CIGAR BAR/STRIP CLUB
    A true gentlemans establishment!
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of moving into the "BFH." They wouldn't even know I was there until all the leftovers started to go missing.....
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Skydive through the eye of a hurricane. If I'm already terminal before, then from skydive go directly into scuba dive down the deepest I can go before the pressure gets me.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Lol ^
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Skydive through the eye of a hurricane. If I'm already terminal before, then from skydive go directly into scuba dive down the deepest I can go before the pressure gets me.
    now thats how you do it!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, man. This whole silly thread is totally defeatist. HellzBellz, I'm older than any two of most of you combined, and a cancer survivor to boot, and all I can think of to do in circumstances you guys are mentioning is look around, see who's having the most fun, and go join 'em.

Pooh on this 'blaze of glory' crap. That's strictly for defeatists..... Life's just too much fun to get all serious about it. LMAO. ??
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    I dunno, man. This whole silly thread is totally defeatist. HellzBellz, I'm older than any two of most of you combined, and a cancer survivor to boot, and all I can think of to do in circumstances you guys are mentioning is look around, see who's having the most fun, and go join 'em.

Pooh on this 'blaze of glory' crap. That's strictly for defeatists..... Life's just too much fun to get all serious about it. LMAO. ??
    Have to second Marty's comments here (especially the old part - I've met this bloke, and his SON must've been 3x my age). Not to mention, I started living life on more authentic* terms a few years back, so I can't imagine that things would be a whole hellova lot different come what may.

(*meaning what feels the most in line with who I am as a person and what I want out of life, instead of what everybody else tells me I'm supposed to do)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    jlmarta:

Have to second Marty's comments here (especially the old part - I've met this bloke, and his SON must've been 3x my age). Not to mention, I started living life on more authentic* terms a few years back, so I can't imagine that things would be a whole hellova lot different come what may.

(*meaning what feels the most in line with who I am as a person and what I want out of life, instead of what everybody else tells me I'm supposed to do)
    I love that line, "...I started living life on more authentic terms...". Well said brother.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Hays:
    jlmarta:

I love that line, "...I started living life on more authentic terms...". Well said brother.
    Ey, cheers mate. I had a second thought about this thread, and in all honesty if things went the way laid out in the beginning, I guess my f%ck-all plans include another sailboat, a few big books, a few big empty journals, and a few REALLY big bottles of rum. Cheers to THAT, eh?

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea" - Isak Dinesen
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    You guys have a good point there. :) I think I would end up doing whatever I wanted to do that I would to do that had risk involved. I play it safe since I have my girls to provide for/love and live for. Im not looking to end myself but to go way out on a limb and do something stupid. :) My biggest goal is to live stream breaching Area 51 from the truck. :)

But that sailboat idea sounds great too
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people, when disaster strikes, like to use that trauma as a reason/excuse to do something they wouldn't normally do.  And that's understandable logic.

The soundest advice I could offer, having lost a wife to cancer at 39, losing a job of 30 years when the bums decided they could make more money by moving to Mexico, having the 2nd wife walk out... on top, and along with all the normal crap life throws at you, is to not make any major decisions or changes for a good long time.  The strangest thing that happens to a person's mind during profound grief is that they think they are still thinking straight, but can't tell that they're not.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc:
    Some people, when disaster strikes, like to use that trauma as a reason/excuse to do something they wouldn't normally do.  And that's understandable logic.

The soundest advice I could offer, having lost a wife to cancer at 39, losing a job of 30 years when the bums decided they could make more money by moving to Mexico, having the 2nd wife walk out... on top, and along with all the normal crap life throws at you, is to not make any major decisions or changes for a good long time.  The strangest thing that happens to a person's mind during profound grief is that they think they are still thinking straight, but can't tell that they're not.

Yeah life is damn tough to say the least. Its hard when loss happens. And you couldn't be anymore true on your statement about thinking clearly in a state of grief. That's why im making my plan while im still "mentally stable" lol :) plus this scenario (god forbid) will probably never happen. But who knows what life has in store.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life for the last several years has been pretty sweet, actually.  I'm semi-retired/self-employed as a coffee roaster and consultant.  And since I didn't do anything real stupid with my money (other than marry someone who would take half of it) I'm comfortably broke and happy.  If I don't make any bills, then I don't have any...  I get up when I'm done sleeping, and have a nice stash of cigars.  Life is good!

I should tell you sometime about the home-invasion that happened here 4yrs ago.  Another nightmare that could've sunk the ship.  It seems like the Lord has my life on a peaceful plateau for a good chunk of time, then something horrific happens, then it's back to smooth sailing.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc:
    Life for the last several years has been pretty sweet, actually.  I'm semi-retired/self-employed as a coffee roaster and consultant.  And since I didn't do anything real stupid with my money (other than marry someone who would take half of it) I'm comfortably broke and happy.  If I don't make any bills, then I don't have any...  I get up when I'm done sleeping, and have a nice stash of cigars.  Life is good!

I should tell you sometime about the home-invasion that happened here 4yrs ago.  Another nightmare that could've sunk the ship.  It seems like the Lord has my life on a peaceful plateau for a good chunk of time, then something horrific happens, then it's back to smooth sailing.

my wife and I have been having the same pattern happen over the last 8 years. It seems like every 4-6 months our lives have to get shaken up really hard and then it all gets back to normal and smooth. Lather rinse repeat! :) Im kinda jealous of your coffee roasting gig! :) that sounds like something I would love to get into.