Home General Discussion
Options

Still Waiting...

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone received thier Diesels from the daily deal last week? I still haven't gotten mine yet, and it's really starting to piss me the hell off. My cigars have sat on the UPS truck now for 5 nights at the UPS facility 30min from my house. I wish ccom would have just sent them usps at this point, worse UPS shipment ever. I hope to god they come in good shape or I'm sending these things back.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    Got mine today. They look deliciously evil.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Although I like UPS' tracking better than the Postal Service's, I always get my shipment a lot quicker. Hope everything turns out good for you.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    RobRutkowski:
    Got mine today. They look deliciously evil.
    Oh trust me, they are. It's like a steak dinner all rolled up. Smoked one right outta the box two days after CCOM got em in stock and they were excellent!! Put the other 10 in the humi to age until spring. I can barely keep my hands off em.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a nice football package direct from Ccom with 2 in it and I can't wait. I know what a bummer it is waiting on a cigar package. The good thing is you know if things get jacked up with your order this company is going to make it right.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i don't like UPS shipping. it always takes so long. normally they ship my stuff uspostal and its here on the west coast in 2 days. this time it's coming slow boat from east coast via ups. i should see my smokes sometime next year...
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Mine should be here tomorrow. I need one.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine came in today. On the day they were shipped, the day of the deal, there was a major storm in northern PA and the Southern Tier of NY. UPS did not pick up any orders until the next day and then the weekend hit and they don't deliver on weekends.

Now comes the hard part, letting them rest in my humidor.
  • Options
    BTW, how is it determined what method of shipping Ccom uses? I have had packages come both UPS and USPS with no discernable rhyme nor reason.
  • Options
    One2gofst:
    BTW, how is it determined what method of shipping Ccom uses? I have had packages come both UPS and USPS with no discernable rhyme nor reason.
    I agree, I think it is alphabetical by height! Or some other method. Mine came by UPS today.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine have always come through USPS and it's never taken more than 3 days to get to me. My Cask Strength DD's took only 1 1/2 days to reach me. Now, given I'm only one state away, it probably doesn't take as long to reach me as it does you Krieg. Sorry to hear you're without your 'gars.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Nope, still waiting. For whatever reason mine were shipped UPS instead of US post. So that means I don't see them for 7 days. Honestly, had I known they were going to ship that way I wouldn't have ordered them.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I'm still waiting on mine, I will be lucky to see them by friday. UPS sucks, take forever. My last UPS order took 10 days >:^(
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    hmmm, that's weird. In the empire state, UPS is wayyyyyyy more reliable than USPS. But maybe it's that CCom is a bordering state and USPS around here hires a new mailman everyday who has no idea where he is going. I am always so scared when ccom sends it by usps that I am going to walk out on the street and see a crack addict smoking a AVO.
  • Options
    Duder2:
    I'm still waiting on mine, I will be lucky to see them by friday. UPS sucks, take forever. My last UPS order took 10 days >:^(
    I agree UPS is not a good carrier..they like to extort money from you at the door
  • Options
    ironhorse:
    hmmm, that's weird. In the empire state, UPS is wayyyyyyy more reliable than USPS. But maybe it's that CCom is a bordering state and USPS around here hires a new mailman everyday who has no idea where he is going. I am always so scared when ccom sends it by usps that I am going to walk out on the street and see a crack addict smoking a AVO.
    I agree. If I order on other than a Friday, when they ship UPS, I get them the next day. For me, UPS goes to Syracuse, which is about 4 hours from ccom and then to me in Ithaca, which is about an hour or so away from Syracuse. This time because of the storm, they got messed up a little. USPS takes about 3 or 4 days to get to me.
  • Options
    Got my 5 yesterday... same day they stated on the ordering/shipping page of the site. I haven't ordered a ton of stuff (still starting) but I have NEVER had a shipping issue... I suppose it helps that I am only in Boston and not too far from the point of origin.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Nope, still waiting. For whatever reason mine were shipped UPS instead of US post. So that means I don't see them for 7 days. Honestly, had I known they were going to ship that way I wouldn't have ordered them.
    Same here, USPS takes 2 days, TOPS. I have never had any issue with USPS shipments, however, I have multiple issues with UPS, I don't know what it is, but all the UPS guys where I live are dumber than a box of rocks. Like I was saying, this isn't the first issue I've had with them. My wife said she had a buddy of hers actually work for them once and he said what they would do on holidays would be is to do half thier routes, and then mark the rest of thier shipments as delivered and take off rest of the day. This happened to me last year right before Thxgiving. I was waiting on $200 worth of medicine and the tracking said delivered, but never got it. I filed a complaint and UPS basically told me to go screw myself. I wish Ccom would dump UPS.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Well, it apparently has come to light that UPS only travels this package and therefor, I will not get my package today as I thought I would. According to UPS, they said I should get it tomorrow...well tomorrow is a FEDERAL holiday, so that means I won't get them till Thursday. A full 7 days after I ordered them.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I imagine you are really pissed and I would be too.
  • Options
    One2gofst:
    I know that CCOM has to use UPS if the order contains a lighter since they are a restricted item for USPS. If there's no lighter included with the order, I don't know how they choose one or the other.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    UPS Ground sucks. It takes 7 days to get my order. USPS takes 2. UPS 3-Day is decent, but tte problem with that is that if it gets to the dispatch center in 1 day, they will keep it there just so it gets to you in 3 days instead of 2.
  • Options
    punkrawk_99:
    One2gofst:
    I know that CCOM has to use UPS if the order contains a lighter since they are a restricted item for USPS. If there's no lighter included with the order, I don't know how they choose one or the other.
    Good point, but no lighter with my order. Who knows. As someone who has sent a lot of stuff, IME, the best shiping service is FedEx overnight. Not to be confused with FedEx ground, as they are totally separate entities. But it is expensive. It is generally tough to beat USPS Priorit for a balance of speed and cost-effectiveness. The only time I will deal with UPS is when I am shipping ammunition.
  • Options
    MINE JUST ARRIVED!!!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    It was explained to me this way. You pay for shipping UPS - CCom pays USPS.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    UPS Ground sucks. It takes 7 days to get my order. USPS takes 2. UPS 3-Day is decent, but tte problem with that is that if it gets to the dispatch center in 1 day, they will keep it there just so it gets to you in 3 days instead of 2.
    UPS blows, simply that.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    It was explained to me this way. You pay for shipping UPS - CCom pays USPS.
    I'm not sure if that's it either. I doubled up and got the free shipping and it came UPS.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Mine came today, sweeeeet!
  • Options
    I came to a conclusion that when you order minimal items (stuff that weighs under 1lbs) they will use USPS and orders over 1lbs they will use UPS. I have noticed that also with other online shops. Would a CC.COM mod like to explain??
  • Options
    Did anyone else's Diesels feel really hard? I was going to light one up and they both just seem too hard. no give at all when I squeeze. They aren't dry and crackling or anything and I know this is a new arrival. If you have lit one up are they good to go? I was gonna let them sit for a little bit in the humi. Really happy to have gotten 2 of these in my football package.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I'll take UPS over the monopoly run USPS any day of the week. The USPS tried to deliver a package to my office on a Saturday and since we're closed on Saturdays, I had to go to the Post Office to pick it up! This was after they wouldn't deliver a different package to my office for some reason, then cigar.com sent it UPS (to the same address) and it arrived in 2 days, no problems.

Considering that UPS doesn't run on Saturdays or Sundays(or any carrier, save USPS), I'm not complaining about not having my diesels yet. You can't really count Thursday since they didn't pick up the package till evening. So it's only been three full days in their system and 3 days is not bad when they claim that it could take 7-10 business days for delivery on a basic package. Needless to say, I'm happy they sent'em UPS because I know I'll get them without having to go out of my way.

Wow, I almost sound like a UPS plant...maybe I could charge them for the ad!