Home General Discussion
Options

Finally!!!! Got a man cave goin!

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
It's not much but it keeps me dry and it's somewhere to smoke! Eventually I'll get a few little windows in it so I can smoke with the doors closed but for now it works :)

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I can dig it. Love the chair. That's the most important item to a great mancave. Right?
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Nice. I can dig it. Love the chair. That's the most important item to a great mancave. Right?

you got that right :) nice comfy chair and a decent dry place. Can't conplain now. :)
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Perfect, Bob's right, it's the chair and cigar that counts.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, Chris! Love it! Picturing a cold day... you've been missing for a couple of hours... the doors open and you step through a huge cloud of smoke. Haha! I'm totally jealous!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Hellya gratz man, wish I had a smoking room!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! I was at Home Depot today and had this vision that I would build a tree house smoking room. Now just to convince the daughter (who has been asking for one for a couple of years) that I do still love her if I build a tree hose for me first.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice shed bropicklespear. You just need a TV & minifridge out there and you won't ever have to leave :-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Man that thing looks fantastic, congrats! Get a small space heater for winter as well and your set!
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Take away that awesome chair, and several dozen cubic feet, and you have Morgan's old closet!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It's a far cry from my carpeted insulated studio I had. But it gets the job done! I already have a killer little space heater that will make that she'd nice and toasty :) with a few little things here and there it will be quite nice :)
  • Options
    aschwendt13aschwendt13 Posts: 31
    I gotta disagree...my mancave only has a stool, my lawnmower and my bike to sit on but i love it....although i do like that chair..haha
    Bob Luken:
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That is AWESOME man! I freakin love the chair, even more for the juxtaposition. You should totally get a fancy old rug (easy find at flea markets) for the floor and some classical decorations, so when you open the doors it's like "BAM welcome to my mini-mansion".
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dig it, just sit back and relax.
  • Options
    Gotta scrub it down. Lol it's kinda dirty. Lol install some rain guards on the edges and the top of the door and should be good. Not wet in there... Just a little damp. Don't want the floor to rot
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    That is AWESOME man! I freakin love the chair, even more for the juxtaposition. You should totally get a fancy old rug (easy find at flea markets) for the floor and some classical decorations, so when you open the doors it's like "BAM welcome to my mini-mansion".
    And a butler. Just to stand there. Or is that creepy? I used to have a "mint-man" from a movie theather. Wooden guy dressed like a butler holding a bowl for mints. I used it for keys and spare change and hung my coat on the guy. The wife made me ditch him long ago. Now I have ideas and might have to make my own.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Hays:
    And a butler. Just to stand there. Or is that creepy? I used to have a "mint-man" from a movie theather. Wooden guy dressed like a butler holding a bowl for mints. I used it for keys and spare change and hung my coat on the guy. The wife made me ditch him long ago. Now I have ideas and might have to make my own.

That neat! I want one of those! :)
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Martel:
    Hays:

It was kind of like this, only with a bowl. I like the tray better.
    http://www.collectorsquest.com/uploads/blog/Creative.jpg
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I spend more time in my shed/cave than my house. In here now watching the Bruins. Congrats

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For years they've been telling me I need to get my shed together. Now I know why.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel so sorry for you guys that have to take it outside.

A little hint from "Mike Holmes", wipe down the whole interior with Clorox. Any bad mold that may have grown will die.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Nice so far brother.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Martel:
    Hays:

It was kind of like this, only with a bowl. I like the tray better.
    http://www.collectorsquest.com/uploads/blog/Creative.jpg
    I love this idea. I suggest also searching yard sales and craigslist for old framed "Anglo-centric" portraits like this.

And a floor lamp would be cool if you could pick one up at a yard sale. (Even if you don't have the shed wired for electricity. You could tape a small flashlight under the shade.)