Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The3Stogies sent prayers, plus...

ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
Although my mailbox in the U.S. is being monitored by friends, today my inbox got blown up! The3Stogies had a HUGE Ccom gift card emailed to me. George, you did not have to do this - especially such a large amount. Thank you, I am going to save it for March Madness! Thank you also for the message saying, "prayers", which I assume are for my mum. You are very kind, brother!

As some of you are aware, I am in Australia for a few weeks visiting my mum who has terminal cancer. It has been a dream of mine for a while to be able to take my children back to Australia. Getting to see Grandma in the limited time we have made me decide to just do it. We all arrived last week and are here for a couple more. My mum is in great spirits, naturally, seeing all the family, but I can tell that she is weaker and more frail. We are taking care of her, going through things in the house, and making other preparations that one normally does not want to talk about. But it has to be done and mum is being a trooper. She shows her faith. I truly appreciate all of the support and kind words from you my brothers on this forum
Picture from a few days ago of my son, William, meeting Grandma for the first time.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Sorry to hear this. Keep your head up and enjoy the time with your Mum. Got some prayers headed your way. Really its just prayers at the moment. The flat rate comes later.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear. I am sure the family being together is very special for her right now. Prayers to your family
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. Praying for you and your family.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and your family.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    More than welcome. You can run but you can't hide from cyber bombs Brad, yes the prayers are for your mum, you and the whole family. Although it's a solemn occasion it's nice you have the time to spend with her, reminisce and maybe even a laugh or 2. The picture is great by the way.

I was with my mom until the end, cherish the moments.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you and her grandchildren are with her. I know she is glad too. Prayers for all.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers to you Brad and it's great to be able to say goodbye in person. Special times!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    You and your family are in my prayers as well. I am very happy that you are able to spend this time with your Mum! Enjoy your time and we will continue to be thinking of you!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear the news Brad but I gotta say this is awesome what's being done for yall and the show of support! Take care Brad and when ya get back stateside please let us all know!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."