Home General Discussion
Options

Oliva Serie V Maduro 2009....?

Anyone tried one of these yet, I hear they are better than last year's?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think they're better. Better balance of strength with richer flavors imo.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jozer and I both did a review on them. good cigars.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well then both Joz3r and the squirrel are LIARS!!! Everyone knows that the Oliva Serie V Maduro '09 is a myth!!! I wont believe it until I see it on a Daily Deal!!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    smbrink:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well then both Joz3r and the squirrel are LIARS!!! Everyone knows that the Oliva Serie V Maduro '09 is a myth!!! I wont believe it until I see it on a Daily Deal!!
    ha....they only produced 50,000 cigars again. One day on the daily deal would sell all 50,000
  • Options
    Well then it looks like I have a lot of not believing to do!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I will believe it is a myth also...until I smoke two or three of them!!!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    YEah, straight myth. I have 4-6 from the only batch Oliva released. hur hur hur
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have like 17 of the 2008.
  • Options
    I am now a believer. I picked up 2 torpedoes at my B&M today. $15 bucks a stick!!! They only had 1 1/2 boxes left, so I had to jump on it.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I was gifted one by my buddy Ed of St. Pete Cigars and had it at his shop while we played dominoes Monday. It was OK, nothing wrong with it, but nothing fantastic. I'd say it's about 2x as much as it should be. I know I've had several that tasted just like it. Pretty consistent flavor, mostly just a slightly sweet leather and tobacco, tiny pepper zing. Great burn, draw on the slightly firm side, got about 1:30 from it in torpedo. Medium bodied at the most. In fact I just finished a La Aroma De Cuba New Blend for tonights video and it was almost identical - but much less $$.
  • Options
    kaelaria:
    I was gifted one by my buddy Ed of St. Pete Cigars and had it at his shop while we played dominoes Monday. It was OK, nothing wrong with it, but nothing fantastic. I'd say it's about 2x as much as it should be. I know I've had several that tasted just like it. Pretty consistent flavor, mostly just a slightly sweet leather and tobacco, tiny pepper zing. Great burn, draw on the slightly firm side, got about 1:30 from it in torpedo. Medium bodied at the most. In fact I just finished a La Aroma De Cuba New Blend for tonights video and it was almost identical - but much less $$.
    I never thought of comparing it to a de cuba... Though I am not a huge fan of them. Just shows ya how much taste differs.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    New Blend, not the original.
  • Options
    Yeah I know, but I enjoyed both, the 09 a bit more. Though I've only had one of the 09's. There seems to be a lot of love for the V maddies here, but at some other boards some are a bit more split. It's like any cigar I guess, some will love it, others won't. Padron is one, I am just not that into them, though some swear by it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yeah I know, but I enjoyed both, the 09 a bit more. Though I've only had one of the 09's. There seems to be a lot of love for the V maddies here, but at some other boards some are a bit more split. It's like any cigar I guess, some will love it, others won't. Padron is one, I am just not that into them, though some swear by it.
    Wanna trade something for some? I can't buy any. I'm trying to buy a house and probably a new truck since my sucks A$s so I can't afford buying any more cigars. But if I got something you want to trade for let me know. I do have a bunch of the 08's still.

I actually might be selling some cigars soon to help out with buying the truck. It seems that I have too much money in cigars and not enough for two loans.
  • Options
    So from the posts it seems that the 09 is not a myth...waiting until I get a box of the 09s before I open my box of 08s
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Wanna trade something for some? I can't buy any. I'm trying to buy a house and probably a new truck since my sucks A$s so I can't afford buying any more cigars. But if I got something you want to trade for let me know. I do have a bunch of the 08's still.

I actually might be selling some cigars soon to help out with buying the truck. It seems that I have too much money in cigars and not enough for two loans.
    Hmmm, let me know what you would want to trade for some, though I only have a handful I'm hoping to hold onto. I would be down for picking up some smokes from you if your planning on selling some. lmk.
  • Options
    Got any Punch or Partagas to trade>