Home Non Cigar Related

Sealant needs

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Looking for a specific thing. I need a putty or a sealant that I can easily roll into a ball. The place over a nut and bolt and press seal it to stop water leaks. Input? It will be used on the inside of the trunk in my mustang. I have the putter trim that's bolted onto the body. They leak a bit. Lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    You can try Butyl, good stuff, want the stuff on a roll not the tube, although the tube stuff might work, if you cant find any LMK,
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your local auto parts store. I don't remember the name of it but there is an epoxy putty out there that is about 3/4" in dia and probably 4" long or so. Moldable putty that dries hard as a rock.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out this link:

Click Here

I've used this stuff and it works great. A little pricey but worth it. PM me with questions.... ??
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    BJ weld may work for you.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MESKC:
    BJ weld may work for you.
    that is what I was thinkin of.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    My primary goal is to find something that doesn't dry hard as a rock. I was thinking it over last night and the position of the bolts I need to cover is a hard place to work. If I ever had to take the trim off I don't want to screw myself. My aunt had mentioned plumbers putty. I might try that. I have yet to really decide what my plan of action is. But keep the suggestions coming!!! The more input the more helpful! Thanks in advance gents!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    If your up for it you can try this
    http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Epoximise
    Id give the plummers putty a shot, its relatively inexpensive. I do think the plumbers putty will harden over time, but not like JB weld, (another versatile product) Let us know how it works out. FYI the Butyl will not harden and is removeable.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Go to your local body shop supplier and talk with them about what body sealer to use. I wouldn't screw with anything solid like epoxy.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Go to your local body shop supplier and talk with them about what body sealer to use. I wouldn't screw with anything solid like epoxy.

+1 to this, you might want to consider silicone as well, easy to use stays flexible and sticks to just about anything and you will still be able to get the bolt out.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro-Seal 34. Comes in Black, Brown, Grey, White and Clear.
    Does not harden.
    Most marine supplies carry it and can be applied wet or underwater.
    I use it on truck bodies where tool boxes are mounted and where antanaes and light bars are mounted.
    Available at NW Motorsports or Amazon.
    It's not cheap, but one tube goes a long way and it doesn't harden in the tube.
    One thing to note though, it can be extremely mess and sticks to everything.
    Gojo Power Gold hand cleaner will take it off your hands, but it's a pain to clean up off metal.
    Brake cleaner will sometimes remove the stringy strands of it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.