Home General Discussion
Options

Flip Top Lighter

Im looking for a lighter like this if any of ya know of a place other then ebay let me know image
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one made by Xikar, I think there are a couple of others as well
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always loved how those look and how classy and elegant they are. If I knew I'd point ya there :(
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That's no problem at all - it's called an "old boy" lighter, so if you Google that you'll find a handful of options. IM Corona is the classic choice, but there's been quite a few options from other manufacturers. Easily found on Amazon, directly from the IM Corona website, or from a few pipe manufacturers as well (I know Peterson made some for a while).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    E-Lighter has a Xicar that is similar.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Roast:
    The Pipeline right? Sidnt think that would quite work since it was meant for pipes but hey if it does then awesome! I think Dupont makes several versions of those but they are extremely proud of them.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a really nice looking lighter.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Dark Roast:
    The Pipeline right? Sidnt think that would quite work since it was meant for pipes but hey if it does then awesome! I think Dupont makes several versions of those but they are extremely proud of them.
    I would bet it'd work if you want a soft flame. The flame comes out at a side angle to make pipe lighting easier, but I bet it'd be nice for cigars too. Yeah the dupont's are pricey! Same for the actual "old boy" I'M coronas as Hays mentioned. Definitely a classy look.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    That is a really nice looking lighter.
    The site list this one for 20 bucks but its sold out... along with like 8 others that i like
    Hays:
    That's no problem at all - it's called an "old boy" lighter, so if you Google that you'll find a handful of options.
    I was told it was a flip top lighter so ill look that up and see what i cant dig up

*edit is Old Boy a brand or the type of lighter
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old boy is the style, I believe. May have been the original name of the first, but many have copied the look. Old boy is synonymous with that style of flip top.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Old boy is the style, I believe. May have been the original name of the first, but many have copied the look. Old boy is synonymous with that style of flip top.
    This, it´s the style.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨