Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Indian motorcycle.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Indian released one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen.
The Indian Dark Horse.
Kind of irritating, seeings as I will no longer be riding.
But this bike is sexy.
See for yourself.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god that is GORGEOUS!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that's nice!
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Indians and triumphs make the most beautiful bikes. That is a stunning work of mechanical beauty
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Never really been a huge fan of Indian bikes... But that one. That one is beautiful!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Never having ridden a motorcycle and knowing nothing about them at all I WANT THIS!!!!!

Without meaning to accentuate my ignorance, how do Indians compare to Harleys or other similar bikes? The only things I know about Indians are from Webmost's posts of his collection.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    BADASS!!!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Crousefer:
    Indians and triumphs make the most beautiful bikes. That is a stunning work of mechanical beauty
    I´m one of those guys that´s always liked Indians in theory, but in execution something just doesn't sit right with me - same thing with this one, just can't put my finger on it. I'll take my Harley any day of the week! In Spain, though, I've had my eyes on a Triumph Bonneville for some time - would be the perfect bike for our city.

photo 100_4131_zps64733086.jpg
    photo 100_4147_zps93d1e6eb.jpg
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Crousefer:
    I´m one of those guys that´s always liked Indians in theory, but in execution something just doesn't sit right with me - same thing with this one, just can't put my finger on it. I'll take my Harley any day of the week! In Spain, though, I've had my eyes on a Triumph Bonneville for some time - would be the perfect bike for our city.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Harleys, but when was the last change they made to any of them?
    With exception of the EVO engine.

As with anything, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    The last Harley I had was a beautiful bike, but in my opinion, it didn't hold a candle to this new Indian.
    My old Softtail would have compared to it style-wise, but I've found I sure like the newer fuel injected engines over the carb engines. No fighting with the choke, waiting for it to warm up so it won't constantly cough, sputter and pop. The EVO engine is, in my opinion a far superior engine to the old school engines.

But that Triumph is a beauty too.
    For me, that's the problem. I see beauty in most of those bikes, but for each of them it is usually a different thing in each of them.
    For me, the Dark Horse is simplistic in it's beauty.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Harleys, but when was the last change they made to any of them?
    Well see, I´m alright with that! (Side note: the Harley formal designation for my Deluxe is FLSTN...or rather, "Fuggin Love Stylin' That Nostalgia") For the most part, makes it damn easy to keep them in good shape and running for a long time. Plus, you might say that a lot of the changes in Indians over the recent years comes from their constant change of hands! Haha like I said, I´ve always liked Indians in theory, but I think it´s the fenders - they´re just TOO overplayed for me, I think.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    0patience:
    Well see, I´m alright with that! (Side note: the Harley formal designation for my Deluxe is FLSTN...or rather, "Fuggin Love Stylin' That Nostalgia") For the most part, makes it damn easy to keep them in good shape and running for a long time.
    Nostalgia may be the death of Harley. Couple more years they're gonna run out of old farts with chained wallets and braided beards who wanna play dress up like a pirate and pretend they're bad on weekends. Old knees can't deal with a half ton iron pig and there's no place to park it at the nursing home. Who is HD going to sell to then?

Honda may have a clue. As usual. Two generations, now, have never set foot on a clutch in their life. You gonna ask them to learn to hand clutch and foot shift on a $27k half ton motorcycle? The same old same old bo-ring whatev teardrop tank with painted flames look flat out ridiculous to the video game generations. It's space age Manga designs like the NM4 that fit their imagination. Power? They don't know the gut wrenching thrill of big iron. They've been systematically indoctrinated that oil is evil. They are used to the anemic whine of small powered tupperware clad vehicles. Give them an NM4 or CTX700, or at most an NC700X, with dual clutch automagic transmission, squeezing 65 miles per gallon, you'll have 'em hooked. Riders like to complain: "...but Hondas don't have a soul." Tell that to the yoot hunkering over his CBR600RR. Moves HIS soul. Moves it quick, too. May remove his soul from his body, he keeps that up. Old riders who like to wrench will point out you can't fix those rice burners cause the models change so swiftly and you can't get parts. Honda doesn't complain. They make them like Kleenex -- you use one up, you buy another.

Polaris sold a fair amount of Victory bikes; just as all three Japanese makers sold a fair amount of HD look alikes. Polaris sold a fair sprinkling of Indian Chiefs to nostalgia seekers. Indian Scout sales are through the freaking roof, if they can ever make them fast enough; cause they cost half as much. But how long can this last? When do you run out of old timers?

There is no future in nostalgia.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to Harleys? Well, there was the Buell, V-Rod, Twin-Cam came after th Evolution, liquid cooled Big Twins are here, and this year we have little twins at 500 and 750cc's. That said, Webmost makes some good points, just this morning I was talking to the wife about trading the Electra Glide for a Gold Wing or BMW GT Model, for the reasons mentioned bt Y'all. Hmm...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Webmost, I totally get what you´re saying here, and don´t think I disagree with you either. Considering the rise of ¨hipster¨ culture and ¨new-old¨ EVERYTHING, I´m not so sure that I agree that nostalgia is going to kill Harley off, though. Even still, I´m not in the position to own multiple motorcycles, but that Harley sits in a garage with a BMW 1000RR, Ducati Hypermotard 1000, and KTM 990 Adventure (and there´s another KTM Adventure, Honda Goldwing, and Ducati MultiStrada in the family), so I get the appeal of the other bikes in the market.

With all that said....I'm 26 y/o, an actual fuggin sailor, and a qualified bada$$ (lol), so don't think it's only "old-timers" interested in those Harleys!

• Options
    LOL!
    Motorcycles are like cigars in the aspect that each person has their own idea of what they like and why.
    A few years back, I did a paint job on a friends electra glide tank.
    He wanted basically a Kaleidescope of colors on it.
    When he told me what he wanted, I tried to talk him out of it and he was set on it.
    When I got done, he loved it. I thought it was awful.
    I have learned that there are things I see beauty in that others do not and visa versa.
    So I never question it.

I have a hard time seeing beauty in Ducati, but that doesn't take away from them being great bikes.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    The most recent Motorcycle Consumer News has a nice lengthy article / interview with the designer. Very cool, if you're into this kind of stuff.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    The most recent Motorcycle Consumer News has a nice lengthy article / interview with the designer of the new Scout. Very cool, if you're into this kind of stuff.