Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Oregon/Washington getaways?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Im thinking about getting out of our comfort zone and wanted to get out of town with my family. Any mountain cabins or non-coastal rentals you all use? I found several great options online but would love to get input from people who might have been somewhere they enjoyed. Thanks in advance!
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Currently looking at Oregon/Washington forestry rentals... but im not sure my family is that "rustic" lol something with electricity and a proper crapper would be nice. lol
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Could always bunk with Jim. Just a suggestion. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Yeah if it were just me! The wife and daughter probably don't want to just sit around while I smoke up Jim's supply of cigars. :) Though I don't think I would oppose that idea.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LL Stub Stewart State Park by Vernonia is one of my favorite places.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Oooooh I do like Stub Stuart :) I'll look into that one!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casa de Loon?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my child bride and I used to work at some fairly high-stress jobs back in the day, we'd bail out to a motel right on the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon for a few days and pray for a storm to roll in. Nothing more relaxing than a snug room, a cigar, and a snifter of good brandy during a Pacific storm.

There's also The Inn at Spanish Head on the beach in Lincoln City. It's like a time-share hotel where the rooms are available for rent. Good restaurant, good bar, elevator down to the beach. And some fantastic sunsets viewed from the bar. Check it out..... ??
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mount hood / columbia river gorge

historic timberline lodge

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bigshizza:
    Casa de Loon?

I am taking this as a direct invite to take over your home and raid your stocks. :)
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    When my child bride and I used to work at some fairly high-stress jobs back in the day, we'd bail out to a motel right on the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon for a few days and pray for a storm to roll in. Nothing more relaxing than a snug room, a cigar, and a snifter of good brandy during a Pacific storm.

There's also The Inn at Spanish Head on the beach in Lincoln City. It's like a time-share hotel where the rooms are available for rent. Good restaurant, good bar, elevator down to the beach. And some fantastic sunsets viewed from the bar. Check it out..... ??

I haven't been to the Inn at Spanish Head. might have to look into that one as well.

As for Mt Hood and the Gorge... I have found a bunch of cool little cabins for rental in the Mt. Hood National Forest. Fully furnished, electric, proper crappers and some have hot tubs. :) I have a few bookmarked. Did a bunch of research last night too. :)
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about renting cabins and such but I've a ton of climbing in both states and I have to say that Leavenworth Washington and smith rocks Oregon are two of my favorite places. Leavenworth is a very cool bavarian town.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.