Home Non Cigar Related

CABIN FEVER

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
We got ice nothing but ice and it is still there. Have not even started the car. No delivery's and no visitors. Kids have not left the house and we got no salt for walks and steps. Nothing is melting and the weather (%$#^* &^$#) keeps teasing about more ice or snow. I got flat rates that have been sitting here for a week and a UPS return with a time limit. Can't pay the bills because they ain't on the net. Can't get to the doctor to re-fill my meds. Ate the last of the ice cream. They don't prepare for this kind of weather here so no sand/salt on the roads.

But, we went shopping before the "storm", and I have cigars and plenty of booze so I guess it could be worse.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Supposed to hit us again tonight. Buckle up.
    One God, One Truth
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minus six today with a foot of snow on the ground. Will be minus 12 tonight. Dog has not been outside and is bouncing off the walls. Shoveled a path up the hill to my studio and spent most of this AM sharpening tools and feeding the wood stove. When I'm working i'm wearing four or five layers. I'm also gettin tired of this shi--.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the terrible weather J.D .Really sorry you ran out of ice cream .Hope you get some better weather soon.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Minus six today with a foot of snow on the ground. Will be minus 12 tonight. Dog has not been outside and is bouncing off the walls. Shoveled a path up the hill to my studio and spent most of this AM sharpening tools and feeding the wood stove. When I'm working i'm wearing four or five layers. I'm also gettin tired of this shi--.
    I here ya on that. Ditto
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Ice sucks rather have the snow. Be careful there. Few years ago got up one morning about 4:30 for work, put on the coffee and headed out to get the morning paper at the end of the driveway. Only wearing my bathrobe and slippers, I mean only. Turned on the outside light, looked like it had just rained a little overnight so I went out. I think it was April, wasn't expecting this to happen. 3 steps later I got past the side of the garage and started sliding, in very slow motion. Too far from the garage now to get a grip I slowly slid by my truck, too far away too. So I went into a crouch because my drive slopes harder towards the road, picked up speed and ended up almost across the street. Had to go up across the lawn to get back, but I didn't fall, lol.