Home Non Cigar Related

18lbs in 16 days....this oughta be fun

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So without gettng too much into the backstory I gotta drop 18lbs in 16 days. Have to be at 206 by mar 9. Sooo they put me on the Stillman diet, it's basically Atkins designed by an As$hole. Carbs go down to 5 a day from the 2 cups of vegetables I can have, 1/2 gallon of water a day, lots of vitamin supplements, eat only very lean fully cooked protein like chicken *** and fish, 8 Ozs 5 times a day. Keep salt to a minimum. The list of NO foods is way too long to publish. This ought to be fun...
Day 1: 224lbs. Not bad so far but typing this just after my third "meal". Been down this road before with atkns, first few days aren't bad. More to come.

Comments

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    So without gettng too much into the backstory I gotta drop 18lbs in 16 days. Have to be at 206 by mar 9. Sooo they put me on the Stillman diet, it's basically Atkins designed by an As$hole. Carbs go down to 5 a day from the 2 cups of vegetables I can have, 1/2 gallon of water a day, lots of vitamin supplements, eat only very lean fully cooked protein like chicken *** and fish, 8 Ozs 5 times a day. Keep salt to a minimum. The list of NO foods is way too long to publish. This ought to be fun...
    Day 1: 224lbs. Not bad so far but typing this just after my third "meal". Been down this road before with atkns, first few days aren't bad. More to come.

You can do it! It wont be fun, but at least you'll have a great story? I've always wondered about trying Atkins, Im currently trying to do 1600 cals a day more or less, its a B sometimes :) And alcohol is sabotaging me
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Honestly I gave up counting calories and just started working out more heh. I love food too much and I enjoy working out so I didn't want to cut either. That being said I used to be 230 and I'm about 165 now. Most of the loss came from dropping sodas and super fructose drinks and drinking a lot of h2o and black coffee. I also have a love affair with carbs so that's something I do have to watch. You can do it man! Just pick less fattier types of meats and try that keep your calories before your intake and your gold! Best of luck!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of the High Fructose Corn Syrup and Aspartame products.
    Just eliminating those will help.
    Good luck, we're rooting for you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Only half gallon of water? Seems to little.
    One God, One Truth
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    That's some hardcore weight loss and probably less than healthy given the time frame. That said, it has more to do with diet than exercise. I'm a certified nutritional counselor and if I can be of any help don't hesitate to contact me Vinny.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Good luck bro that sounds brutal.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man. I'm sorry.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all in your head, the tough part is staying on it for a period of time. Good luck
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    If it's just a weigh in, and you are close, look at getting one of those body wrap things. New some folks in the Nav that used to use those every time. It's only temporary weight loss....but if it's just for a weigh in it's an idea
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    21 Feb: 224.1
    22 Feb: 222.6
    23 Feb: 219.2
    24 Feb: 217.9
    25 Feb: 216.9
    Tracking. Carb flu and headaches are over(low-carbers know what I mean), urine test strips say I'm in full blown ketosis. Boiled chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs... Yay. Thank god for Tabasco chipotle. Still a ways off but slightly ahead of the curve. Surprisingly I'm not having energy withdrawals.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Stick with it man!"According to WebMD the diet is a "warmed-over" version of the Atkins Diet. In actuality, Dr Stillman published before Atkins. Both are ineffective at achieving long-term weight loss. Neither doctor achieved an average life expectancy"
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    21 Feb: 224.1
    22 Feb: 222.6
    23 Feb: 219.2
    24 Feb: 217.9
    25 Feb: 216.9
    Tracking. Carb flu and headaches are over(low-carbers know what I mean), urine test strips say I'm in full blown ketosis. Boiled chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs... Yay. Thank god for Tabasco chipotle. Still a ways off but slightly ahead of the curve. Surprisingly I'm not having energy withdrawals.
    are you being shipped out?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Go go go go!!
    One God, One Truth
    You got it brother!
    You got it brother!