Home General Discussion
Options

Good things on the horizon

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, this is in the preliminary stages but I am pretty excited so I thought I would share. I was asked this morning if I would like to be a cigar rep in my area and of course I said hell yes. The details and contract are being sent to me and I am pretty damn excited. I will let you guys know more when I have a few more details.

This is another foot in the door for me in the cigar industry so I am going to make the most of it.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and I hope everything works out beyond your expectations!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hell yeah... sounds cool.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm jealous! Good Luck!
  • Options
    When I get all the details and what not I will tell you guys who the company is and what I will be doing. It might not be a full time career opportunity but it is an opportunity to get further involved in something I am passionate about. That will lead to bigger and better things in the future. I am pretty excited if you didn't notice. My wife woke up a few minutes ago and I told her. She didn't believe me so I had to show her the message I received.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Hey congrats man! I hope it's a great opportunity for you!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    that's great to hear. i'm glad that there is some sort of glimmer of hope for you in this tough time. i am actually trying to do the same thing, but i don't know whether i need to go to the manufacturer or to a distributor. i did send my resume to RP though
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Congrats man, that's awesome! I hope it works out for you man, and hopefully it leads you to some bigger and better things. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic news Snake! On to bigger and better things.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    That's awesome...congrats
  • Options
    Great news! Congrats!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Congrats dood! And now the question on everyone's minds: Freebies for us??? ;)
  • Options
    I will work on that as soon as I get more details. I am waiting on a packet and contract. If I can swing it you know I will hook some brothers up. I still don't have many details but i will get back with you guys.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Wow Snake, this is huge for you and your family! I'm so happy for you! Not only will you have a source of income, but you'll be doing something you love! Millions of people can't say that! So, I hate to be cliche, but, I guess one door shut so another could open? Congrats man, you deserve a break :-)
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    again, I'm truly happy for you. good things are on the horizon
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    wow, I didn't know that Backwoods even HAD reps!
  • Options
    Actually it is Swisher Grape flavor I will be dealing with exclusively!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Glad to hear things are swinging your way snake and the even brighter side of things, your cigar smoking is now research into the competing cigar companies!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Ooooh, does this make your cigar purchases tax deductible as "business related expenses" now?
  • Options
    Congrats man. You definetely deserve a break. I hope it works out well for you.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Ooooh, does this make your cigar purchases tax deductible as "business related expenses" now?
    I am going to ask my accountant. Good idea!!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    zoom6zoom:
    I am going to ask my accountant. Good idea!!
    Wow! If that's the case, let me know! I will seriously start a company, get a tobacco license in MD (which doesn't cost much here) and never sell a stick just so I can write off all my cigar purchases!
  • Options
    Looks like I will be doing this as an independent rep and I have actually lined up a 2nd manufacturer. So basically it is a sales position and will be what I make of it. Still a great opportunity to get my foot in the door. Might not be a steady income but I know I will enjoy doing it in my free time. When I get more info I will keep you guys updated. Also, will try to get extra samples so some of my BOTL here can experience a couple new lines. I have been able to set up a few guys with review sites with some samples already. One of the lines is out already and the second comes out in December. Still working out details.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Wow man I'm really stoked that things are starting to pan out for you and yours.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Glad to hear things are looking up for you snake. Congrats!
  • Options
    I am trying to iron out details and let you guys know more. I am also hoping to get more samples and promo material and maybe do a few giveaways on here for you guys. I have to hook up my BOTL here! I have already helped out a few guys with review websites/blogs with samples and getting them in touch with some new companies. My initial personal samples were small but I should have more on the way to share. I might be able to throw together something right after the holidays so keep an eye out for it.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Best of luck Snake!
  • Options
    Hey guys I am still working out the details on things. Thought I would let you know the 2 cigar companies. The first is LCDC and their website is www.lacaridaddelcobre.com. I have sampled these cigars and like them. They have launched but I think with any new company it is taking time for things to come together. The second is 262 Cigars and they will launch in January. Their website is www.smoketherevolution.com. I am getting my samples of these in the next week. I have spoken with the owner and am really excited about this brand. Sounds like they have a really solid business plan.

Things are kind of rolling slow but I am optimistic about things. If they work out great and if not I made some new friends and contacts in the cigar industry. I have a 3rd company I am waiting to hear back from. If things start working out I will try to let you guys sample some sticks when I send packages for games and trades.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jake, that sounds like good news. I hope you get a solid offer soon, The paradigm 262 sounds like the profile that appeals to me. I really like the Esteli and Jalapa Valley tobaccos, and if it is as good as it sounds, these things will sell themselves.