Home Non Cigar Related

Hottttt Sass!!!!

matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
How is your hot sauce game? Who is a fanatic like me? By frantic I put it on damn near everything and have several kinds in hand at any given time. I don't really go searching them out however. I am looking to try some new brands. What are your favorites and heat level.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Comments

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried some sauce when I was down in Branson that was 800,000 on the Scoville scale. It wasn't a lot of fun. It was just the tip of a toothpick dipped into the sauce. The guy said that amount would be enough to spice up an entire batch of chili. I love trying stuff like that but don't really own any bottles of sauce.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I like the easily available brands such as Frank's, Regular old Tabasco, and my new favorite Toung Ot Sriracha, the one with the rooster on the bottle. Same one that we see in all the pictures of Pho. I use hot sauce on everything except my Lucky Charms cereal, and Ice Cream.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Got this as a xmas gift last year...so ya my sauce game is not so hot. Actually have killed over half of them though
    photo hot_zpsksiag8rg.jpg
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tobasco Chipotle and Sambal Olec (it is a garlic and chile paste in a jar)
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sriracha in Pho is a must. A MUST!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put that sh*t on everything!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of the sriracha (rooster sauce) love it on Asian dishes and homemade egg mc mcmuffins. Also have on hand Tabasco, Tabasco chipotle, Taco Bell fire sauce, franks, crystal, chalula, and el tapatio. Those are staples in my cabinet.

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    I tried some sauce when I was down in Branson that was 800,000 on the Scoville scale. It wasn't a lot of fun. It was just the tip of a toothpick dipped into the sauce. The guy said that amount would be enough to spice up an entire batch of chili. I love trying stuff like that but don't really own any bottles of sauce.
    That is madness. That is too hot. You do t get any flavor with your heat.

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    bert873:
    That is madness. That is too hot. You do t get any flavor with your heat.
    Totally agree. Absolutely no flavor just 20 min of miserable, burning pain. But for some reason every time I come across these crazy hot sauces, I always end up trying them
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I bought some hot sauce at a carnival called, "Death". You had to be 18 to buy it. I gave it to my uncle and he told me it was so hot he vomited. Hahahaha
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Is ketchup a level of hotness? if so its my level
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Tobasco Chipotle and Sambal Olec (it is a garlic and chile paste in a jar)
    +1
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave's Insanity Sauce! I don't know what the Scoville reating is, but it's bleeping hot!

The guy in the store told me to use it by the drop and of course, I didn't listen. I put a good couple of drops in some sauce I was making and I wound up having to double the amount of the sauce just so it could be tolerated. After that, I put a drop on a spoon and added it to whatever I was cooking.

It does not add a lot of flavor, just pure heat! But it is good!

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sontava Habanero **** is always in my fridge, a drop or two will make a lot of people cry. I usually make 2-3 large batches of salsa and can it to get me through the winter, Jalapeno, Habanero and Caribbean Red are what I grow.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a hot sauce FIEND!!!! I love the stuff. Usually the hotter the better. I have about 8 bottles of hot sauce right now that I cycle through. about 4 of them are purely flavor and no heat (to my definition of heat). Right now my cut off is Habanero... working on building my tolerance for heavy hitters.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I am a hot sauce FIEND!!!! I love the stuff. Usually the hotter the better. I have about 8 bottles of hot sauce right now that I cycle through. about 4 of them are purely flavor and no heat (to my definition of heat). Right now my cut off is Habanero... working on building my tolerance for heavy hitters.

I make my own. There are 2 restaurants that use my recipe, one in NM and one in VA. I make the "hotter the better crowd" a special one.