Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone want to go on a splitsie for "The Beard's" latest deal?

raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
I'm intrigued, but at this point I don't think I have room (or budget) for 25 more of anything, especially something I've never tried. I'd take 10 at most and split the rest (based on deal cost plus shipping) with 1 or 2 more who want them. If interested PM me.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is it?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casa Magna.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has piqued my interest, and also generated a couple questions...

How consistent can cigars be from year to year? IOW, does the fact that CA ranked them so high in '08 (I know, don't be a 'ratings junkie') have anything to do with what this cigar will be today? I think a cigar producer will squirrel away lots of the tobaccos used in a blend one they hone in on a winner, but it still has me wondering if anyone has smoked these lately.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    I have the same reservations. Also at the fact that different retailers have different descriptions. One describes it as having a "cocoa, fruit, spice" sweet kind of flavor (which I really like in cigars, while another one describes it as having a "cedar, leathery" flavor (which I really DON'T like in cigars).
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Casa Magna.
    First rule of Fight Club. Don't talk about fight club.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I have the same reservations. Also at the fact that different retailers have different descriptions. One describes it as having a "cocoa, fruit, spice" sweet kind of flavor (which I really like in cigars, while another one describes it as having a "cedar, leathery" flavor (which I really DON'T like in cigars).
    Hahaha... that's why I only read and believe the reviews I like, and trust the power of suggestion to help me find only the flavors I want.

I'm placing my order for these, and will gladly send you some raisindot; I'd smoke a few and let you know what I find, but would advise you to not put much weight on my palate. :-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc:
    I'm placing my order for these, and will gladly send you some raisindot; I'd smoke a few and let you know what I find, but would advise you to not put much weight on my palate. :-)

PM sent, sir.
  • Options
    I had one and wasn't overly impressed. The first third had a very bold spice flavor, the next third had a very chocolate flavor, and I found the final third rather tasteless and somewhat bitter.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    I had one and wasn't overly impressed. The first third had a very bold spice flavor, the next third had a very chocolate flavor, and I found the final third rather tasteless and somewhat bitter.

Well, since this WAS "Cigar of the Year" in an advertiser supported trade publication nearly a decade a ago, your opinion obviously represents that of an unwashed philistine. And you're wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. :)
  • Options
    raisindot:
    Eulogy:

Well, since this WAS "Cigar of the Year" in an advertiser supported trade publication nearly a decade a ago, your opinion obviously represents that of an unwashed philistine. And you're wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. :)
    Unwashed.... maybe. Philistine, Never!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up 10 of these a couple weeks ago on the daily deal, remembered liking them. Smoked one ROTT and it was very good. Not Cigar of the Year good, but very good. So good, in fact, I wanted another a few days later. This one was plugged, had a tight spot that I couldn't roll out, or poke out with my pipe tool poker. Letting the others rest awhile. Hope y'alls work out.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain