Home General Discussion
Options

Canadian Supplier

Good day folks,

Well let me start by saying that every time I visit this site's homepage, I simultanously drool and sigh at the amazing prices and sampler packs. The reason for the sigh is I live in Canada and unfortunately due to certain regulations cigar.com can't ship to Canada (totally understand). So I was wondering if any of my fellow canucks know of a Canadian equivalent to cigar.com? I know the prices won't be as good as here, but if theres something comparable, that would be great news.

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    None that I know of, but of course I'm not Canadian. The best solution for you would be to stick around the forums, participate, do some games and trades with people and become a known entity. Then you will have no shortage of people willing to forward ship for you (the order goes to them first and then they ship it to you). A little extra in shipping but much less in the big scheme of things.
  • Options
    WhiskeyWhiskey Posts: 6
    That's actually a good idea, never really thought of that. Thanks.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hey Whiskey. I'm an American that moved here to Canada a few years back. Getting NC cigars here is a hassle, but it's possible. Some other sites can ship directly to Canada, but they very rarely (if ever) have any sales, and they refuse to ship discreetly, so the Canadian customs office will smack you VERY heavily with fees.

Example: I once had a 35 dollar order of cigars shipped to me with the customs label very clearly saying "Cigars". Canada Post demanded 78 dollars in duties.

Best way to get NC cigars to you is to make a friend on here that's willing to forward ship to you, which isn't hard to do. There's no shortage of friendly people here willing to do so.