Home General Discussion
Options

Ever had one of those days...

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a nice table top lighter (thanks Vinny), a couple of nice pocket lighters, and a half dozen cheap freebie lighters and every damn one of them is out of fuel. Every damn one....
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that is one crappy situation!! Empty feeling for sure.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    Yes that is one crappy situation!! Empty feeling for sure.
    lol! But that sucks, Eric.
  • Options
    aschwendt13aschwendt13 Posts: 31
    If ya dont have any backup matches you could always grab a bic...soft flame, but it is butane
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once. Then I bought 8 cans of butane.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three lighters and they always seem to be out at the same time.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    aschwendt13:
    If ya dont have any backup matches you could always grab a bic...soft flame, but it is butane
    So is the torch-butane.

I'll top you one. Same happened to me (minus the tabletop), but I'd left my matches out and they got wet. Grrr. Argh.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    aschwendt13:
    So is the torch-butane.

I'll top you one. Same happened to me (minus the tabletop), but I'd left my matches out and they got wet. Grrr. Argh.
    That's funny and actually made me feel better :-)
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Echambers:
    Martel:
    aschwendt13:
    So is the torch-butane.

That's funny and actually made me feel better :-)
    Glad I could help. I had to go find a candle lighter my wife used. She liked the idea so much that she started using it for her infused cigars. Last night, temps hit 65, so we went outside after I got off work. Of course, it was raining and she'd left IT outside and had to borrow my torch.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep.. Luckily I have matches all over the place so I'm never with out fire.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't happened to me yet with cigars, but when I smoked cigarettes I'd go from having 20 lighters to not being able to find a single one the next day. Many a stove top light back in those days. And I had an electric stove :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    In reply to martel, the butane was my point there....bics a cheap, redily availible, reliable, and use the same flavorless feul as you would use in a torch
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    HAHA, I had this day a week ago. We recently moved, everything was going well and then I smoked a cigar with a friend. That night we ran out of fuel in every lighter (including my new Oliva, thanks to my Secret Santa). The next time I went to smoke I had three lighters that I couldn't use and my butane is nowhere to be found!! Luckily I had a mini bic that was able to get the job done.
    Next question...where did I put that box? :)
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Got wood and a torch or even the BBQ? Got a bunch of BBQ lighters. Stove, mines glass top wouldn't work. Closest neighbor, hey can I borrow a light?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, no, I always have a BIC on me. 60% of the time it works every time!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    aschwendt13:
    In reply to martel, the butane was my point there....bics a cheap, redily availible, reliable, and use the same flavorless feul as you would use in a torch

Cool. Read the "but" as saying you thought it was contrary to what came before it.

• Options
    Yeah, butane even though its soft flame. I think alot of people dont realise that. Sorry if yall already were in the loop on that one
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why God invented matches I suppose