Home General Discussion
Options

Man O' War Ruination Burn line problem

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
I love Man O' War; I am really a big fan of it. I love both its original and the ruination. But no idea why this 2 times, the ruination stick bot got burn line problems. The first one can hardly light up, and I gave it up half way; this time, it just constantly needed touch ups. Anyone has same experience?

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with a Man O' war. What's your Rh? It sounds like it may be a little high, if its not lighting well.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    I love Man O' War; I am really a big fan of it. I love both its original and the ruination. But no idea why this 2 times, the ruination stick bot got burn line problems. The first one can hardly light up, and I gave it up half way; this time, it just constantly needed touch ups. Anyone has same experience?
    are they from the same order? If so you might be running into a bad batch. Might be worth a call if you got them from Cigar.com.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    What's your humi rh? Also has it been rainy at all?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Also remember that a cigar that is heavy on ligero will have a tendency to burn less even than those with less ligero. Those thick leaves are difficult to combust. If you like your humidor to sit above 68% rh, consider pulling the cigar out of the box 5-6 hours before smoking. Dry tobacco will burn better.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    Most MoW fans here leave theirs in the humi for a good 6 months before smoking for optimal taste and the best burn characteristics. I can tell you as a fan of AJ Fernendez (for the most part), most of his blends do well with a decent rest before you blaze them down. Always good to meet a fellow MoW **** mmkuchi!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone!