Home Non Cigar Related

Medical procedures with cigar tools.

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
What could you MacGyver out in the wild if you had to?
Is a torch lighter hot enough to cauterize a wound?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I had a pair of cheap cigar scissors, could use them as trauma shears and a ring cutter (probably not.)Could take that foam out of the puck hygros and use it to pack a wound.If you have a hollow draw tool you could use it for chest needle decompression.Use a herfador to keep all your needles.Tie a bunch of cello together and use it as a sling.Hollow out the puck hygro and use it as a fox eye shield.Lastly, and most unbelievable...you could maybe use a petite corona that you partially hollowed out in order to perform a (partial) cricothyrotomy.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have a 5er of Liga UC in my trunk. I use them as road flairs.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Could use a stogie stand to splint a finger, then secure it with cello.Try and use the Spectre as fire wood, and if that did not work then toilet paper.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thoughtful yall. Cool ideas (except dzr) lol.
    One God, One Truth
    Could you use the filler as short term packing? Use one of the bands and bubble gum as a bandaid
    One God, One Truth
    If you had enough filler I don't see why not. After all, people use dirt.
    This is fun, spitballin ideas. After all, boy scout motto: Be Prepared.
    One God, One Truth
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I went fishing with a couple of friends in a rowboat. As soon as I heard the words 'Hey Jimmy, bet you can't hit that duck', I knew we were in trouble. When Jimmy cast and we saw nothing go out, we looked back at Joe who was rowing. He was all hunched over and clearly the hook had gotten him (not the intended duck). Well, it was in there good. And it wasn't a 1 pronged hook, it was one of those hooks with like 4 different hooks on it. So, while we had to row the boat back and some of the other hooks were threatening to make their way into Joe's delicate back, I broke off pieces of a cigarette (cigar would work too), and capped off the other 3 hooks. The fun part was explaining to the ER doctor how he ended up with a fish hook very deep into his back. She commented that she deals with a lot of hook injuries, but they were usually with children who got them in their hand. Oh and Rain, I cut his shirt off to assess the damage. It was clear that it was in there good and the shirt was in the way of us seeing how good. I think you would've been proud of my field skills ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Very good. Yeah, fish hooks hurt.
    One God, One Truth
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should note that Joe lived :) The site of him walking through the ER waiting room for an hour shirtless in swim trunks and flip-flops with a fish hook covered with bits of cigarettes hanging from his back does still bring a chuckle out of me, lol. I imagine it does so for all the people there that were also laughing at him.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!