Home Non Cigar Related

National Pancake Day...

Was yesterday so you missed it hah... But i wanna compalin about this day and then share the news that came from it.
My complaining rant: (if you have ever worked in resuturant before this will make a bit more sense to you but ill try and explain it) With pancake day if you come in you can get a free short stack (3 pancakes) for free. Being said we sold over $7,000 worth of food (not including all the free pancakes) I worked a 16 hr shift, made over 3,000 pancakes, sat over 750 guests, cleared over 200 tables in that time frame (long story short yesterday sucked).

But on the flip side its a huge donation day for Primary Kids. We have Miss Springville down and Primary talking to people trying to get donations and on yesterday alone we got over $2,500 worth of donations towards Primary Kids.
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brutal. I would have gone but the closest ihop is an hour away. Miss South Dakota was there. I would have gladly donated whatever she told me to. Their charity was the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of pancakes holy cow! When you said "on the flip side" that was a good pun. Great cause though, and how was Miss Springville "stacked"?
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    That's a lot of pancakes holy cow! When you said "on the flip side" that was a good pun. Great cause though, and how was Miss Springville "stacked"?
    Hot and fluffy count?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, Pancake day is every Sunday in the Hays household! I introduced my wife and her whole Spanish family to good ol´ American pancakes, and now they´re on demand every time the family gets together for meals.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pancakes are damn good if I may say so myself...learned it from my mama!
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Can you share the recipe?

I like adding Mexican vanilla and orange zest to the batter!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Hays:
    Man, Pancake day is every Sunday in the Hays household! I introduced my wife and her whole Spanish family to good ol´ American pancakes, and now they´re on demand every time the family gets together for meals.
    If I never see a pancake again it will be too soon...
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:

Truism................Mom's pancakes will always be the best.