Home General Discussion
Options

Smoking lounge start to finish.

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
one silver lining of this year so far is that i am now able to make a Smoking lounge in my attic.
I have plans for it but i am also looking for ideas.

here are some pics of the room i am dealing with:

the first picture is the window facing north. the second picture is west and the last picture is south. the room is T shaped. the ceiling is low. 6'5" ish. Pay no attention to the furniture. im fairly sure all of it will be replaced. with leather couches and chairs. ill be putting up shades on the windows and painting. there should be plenty of artwork on the walls where it makes sense but ill keep it all cigar related. the humidor that is seen in the last picture may be used but it needs to be sealed first.

my father who is a wood worker has been commissioned to make a cigar shop indian.

the last part of this is that i want this named. but i have no idea what i should name it. any ideas on a name for my cigar lounge?

a few that have been suggested have been
dos Capos
the cigar box
toys in the attic

any other ideas

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it .
    "3rd Story Haven"
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ or "3rd story heaven"

sounds like you got a good plan kuzi ... paint, decor, furnishings. can't wait to see the "finished product"

i think you definitely need a mini-fridge up there.....
    and maybe a flat screen too? .... or at the very least some type of sound system so you can get some tunes goin' (even something simple like those small bluetooth speaker boxes)

and last but not least.....have you thought about replacing the carpet with a wood or laminate floor?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    and maybe a flat screen too? .... or at the very least some type of sound system so you can get some tunes goin' (even something simple like those small bluetooth speaker boxes)

yeah... thats a bit down the line. cash flow and all. may have to wait till black friday for that
    jgibv:
    and last but not least.....have you thought about replacing the carpet with a wood or laminate floor?
    yes. but this is low on the priority list. i was thinking of getting decorative rugs in the meantime.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:

yeah... thats a bit down the line. cash flow and all. may have to wait till black friday for that
    understandable. and fwiw, check out woot.com if you haven't heard of it before; daily deal site, some great deals can be found especially on factory refurb tvs
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    yes. but this is low on the priority list. i was thinking of getting decorative rugs in the meantime.
    nice

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cigars in The Attic"

remember wood transmits noise. About once a month we hear foot steps in ours.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cigarattics - sort of like cigarettes but not.
    The Cigar Loft
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Nice guitars. Since its in the attic and assuming your taking stairs then "Stairway to Heaven."
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Casa de Kuzi
    The Vitola Lounge
    Kuzi's Corona Cave
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    +1 for Casa de Kuzi
    +100 for the axes
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    That looks like an awesome space to create something cool. Looking forward to the cigar indian. I have been looking at them for my cave but the old ones are mucho deniro.
    <br.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on how you'll ventilate it?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you've had a **** run the past few months so I am really glad to hear about this happening for you and very exciting, congrats!! I really like Casa De Kuzi personally and wish you the best, thanks for sharing Matt ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Torre de la Libertad (Tower of Freedom)
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! I think it should be Kuzi's Kozy Cigar Lounge.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Can't wait to see the completed project.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:

Or just Kuzi's Kozy. I think they refer to spaces like this as a 'cozy' in the UK, don't they?
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi Libre....a play on Cuba Libre. Looks like it's gonna be a great spot!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    wwhwang:

holy crap

awesome
  • Options
    peter4jc:
    was thinking about adding an exhaust fan but the issue is return air or pulling air from the rest of the house. maybe a smaller fan and two air purifies. the purifiers were gunna be there anyway.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign on the door reads...."NO GURKHAS ALLOWED"
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    peter4jc:
    was thinking about adding an exhaust fan but the issue is return air or pulling air from the rest of the house. maybe a smaller fan and two air purifies. the purifiers were gunna be there anyway.
    Depending on how it is setup you could put a vent in and pull make up air from down below the house. Since you will be pulling in, you wont have to worry about the smell leaking back into the house. I'm working on planning out my room in my basement. I have the ability to pull make up air from outside the house but when its -30 outside the room would be freezing and I doubt an inline heater would be able to heat it enough to work well. I'm leaning towards putting make up air units on the floor that will pull in air from my other finished room in the basement so it will be heated. I can then shut off the make ups when I am done with the room to prevent any back draft getting back out.

If that makes any sense. I just started rambling.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    It makes perfect sense. figuring out where it pulls from is the problem.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Edna20:

Or just Kuzi's Kozy. I think they refer to spaces like this as a 'cozy' in the UK, don't they?
    Yep, they do indeed, though it looks like Wayne got a winner with his ¨Torre de la Libertad¨. Looks like it´s gonna be an awesome project, Matt, and I look forward to seeing the results!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea! Can't wait to see the finished project!

El Estante Superior Cigar Lounge
    (The Top Shelf)

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't open windows the exhaust fan in my studio will pull wood smoke down my chimney and out of the woodstove. Finding a good vent is important. Your room looks great.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    wwhwang:

holy crap

awesome
    Can you get your dad to carve that on a plaque? Or burn it in, that would be cool
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Aroma Therapy Room
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Love this idea! Can't wait to see the finished project!

El Estante Superior Cigar Lounge
    (The Top Shelf)

As a Sabres fan I approve this

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the room is not airtight you will be able to draw negative air from the rest of the house. Just like a bathroom does.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!