Home General Discussion
Options

smoking room

well I been off the forum for a bit, I was buying a home and started a renovate, I had gotten a few p/m's of people not believing me that I was moving, but contrary I did, I did a renovate and made a old garage/work shop into my smoking room,
actually just finished this last week.
but figured I would show what I been up to with it
just need to furnish it out a bit more

smoking room

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! Wish I had a room to convert like that! Would make winter so much better. Nice job, sir!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Captain Fish is back. Nice new digs
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice room!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really good! The brick chimney is nice.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I am looking at having mine setup like. The cabinet will be the humidor.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    well the room is not temp controlled like a central system heat and cool, so I cant keep humis in there, that was the reason I chose this room, no air transfers to the inside of the house so I don't smoke up the house,
    use my rabbit air for light smoke days, works great, and I have 2 ceiling vent fans for when I have people over pulls the air pretty fast,
    I have a heater but I still need to cross the time when it's summer and i'll see how hot or warm it gets in there, then I can figure out how to cool it,
    picking up a leather couch and some end tables, then I can add some lamps and not have to have to ceiling lights on all the time,
    this whole project worked out pretty good, took a big dent out of my wallet since I went to bare studs and insulated that room completely, had to rewire the whole room due to bad wiring from the previous owner,
    all in all this home we bought we had to go above asking to get it, but with the renovate of that room, I think we added value of the finished room to the house, instead of a cold unfinished room. that room was as cold as the outside temp was, so the insulation had to be done.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff Joe way to go and congrats man :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I wish I could be so handy.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to mount a exhaust fan?
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    me? already have 2 installed in the ceilings
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Inspiring me.