Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Spring foward

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Daylight savings time tonight. Move them clocks forward an hour.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was reminded of this at work this morning and still forgot about it. Thank you
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Forgot all about this. Thanks!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Growing up in pre-observance of DST Indiana, I'm still not used to this. Worst idea ever. Curse you Ben Franklin. Going to work in the dark again. Sun's up when I want to go to bed. Freaking tired for a week.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Yep
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another outdated idea that serves no real purpose anymore, kinda like the unions it was probably a good idea at the time, split the difference and leave it the EF alone.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    ......Sun's up when I want to go to bed. Freaking tired for a week.

Ya think that's bad?? You oughta try living in Alaska in the summertime. ??
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is there are more Daylight Savings Time days then the are Standard Time days. And what are we saving all this daylight for?
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Martel:

Man, half the married-in members of my family seem to be from Alaska, and they all say the same thing. Oddly enough (as we're hardly far north) we get daylight out to almost midnight in the middle of summer here.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    jlmarta:
    Martel:

Man, half the married-in members of my family seem to be from Alaska, and they all say the same thing. Oddly enough (as we're hardly far north) we get daylight out to almost midnight in the middle of summer here.

Somewhere in all my junk I have a photo of myself dipping my hand into the Arctic Ocean at high midnight with the sun shining brightly overhead.....