Home Cigar 101

Hard Draw on Amati Cigar

Just bought a box of Amati torpedos. Excellent flavor. Question though, they seem to have a very hard draw the first inch or so and then they get better as you go. I have cut down to about a 3/8" circle on the mouth end and ran a small rod through the length of it, doesn't seem to help. The cigar is soft but the outer wrapping wants to flake off a bit. I hate to cut any off any of the lit end if I don't have to. Any suggestions?

Comments

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Get a poker... try dryboxing them for a day
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Not sure what you mean by dry boxing.
    Thanks, Hans
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    operator1:
    Not sure what you mean by dry boxing. Thanks, Hans
    Here is a copy and paste "Dry boxing is the practice of placing cigars in an un-humidified container prior to smoking. By doing so we allow the sticks to shed excess moisture, leading to a better burn and flavor."
    Also since i assume you have never heard of it there is a search bar in the upper right... Try searching Dry boxing a lot of good info there.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.