Home General Discussion
Options

still fairly new...

only been smoking for about 6 months. yet i still find myself browsing the forums and cigars online for hours a day. does this ever fade? i don't think my girlfriend likes the fact that i'd rather sit here and look at cigars than do much of anything else...

Comments

• Options
    i've been smoking cigars for a year or so and I do the same thing. i'll browse the forums for info and browse the cigars to get info on the different brands and what I think I might want to try. ever since I started on cigars I find myself doing this on almost a daily basis. I'm guessing it's normal to us cigar enthusiastes and to everyone else it's weird. oh well cigars are my pleasure.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With any hobby there has to be moderation. However, with cigars that's difficult! Of course, depending on what else you're not doing, that could be a problem. LOL
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    only been smoking for about 6 months. yet i still find myself browsing the forums and cigars online for hours a day. does this ever fade? i don't think my girlfriend likes the fact that i'd rather sit here and look at cigars than do much of anything else...
    Nope, doesn't get better...probably will get worse!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Well, my hobby used to be robbing banks, so no one really complains about me smoking cigars now ;-). Seriously bro welcome. IMO, the passion doesn't fade, but as your knowledge base grows the "need" to be gathering so much information diminishes, if that makes any sense. And, don't ever lose site that the key aspect of this hobby is enjoying a cigar. Don't ever let all the other stuff get in the way of that. Take care.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    look at my join date and post count

then realize that i was on the OLD cigar.com forum for about 18 months before that.

embrace it.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    These guys are right, I've been smoking for several years now, and it just gets worse and worse... I am on here as much as I can be. I love reading about the different cigars out there and other peoples experiences with them. The only thing I wish is that the cigar sites gave more details about the blends in each cigar.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey man now you have a good way to spend some of that money you got robbing banks...LOL
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I spend plenty of time not only browsing the net but hanging out at my favorite B&M. Fortunately for me my wife is very understanding.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    The only thing I wish is that the cigar sites gave more details about the blends in each cigar.
    I agree, I'm very interested in the blending of cigars, and the roles played by different tobaccos, but I haven't found any resource to satisy my curiousity besides Kuzi's blending 101 thread lol.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    PuroFreak:
    The only thing I wish is that the cigar sites gave more details about the blends in each cigar.
    I agree, I'm very interested in the blending of cigars, and the roles played by different tobaccos, but I haven't found any resource to satisy my curiousity besides Kuzi's blending 101 thread lol.
    I think that's the secret... If everyone knew then everyone would be making cigars... this is probably the big secret... and I'd be willing to bet that blending is as hard as raking a pile of leaves in your yard!!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    T. Gervais:
    PuroFreak:
    I think that's the secret... If everyone knew then everyone would be making cigars... this is probably the big secret... and I'd be willing to bet that blending is as hard as raking a pile of leaves in your yard!!!
    That hard? I'm amazed anyone is willing to do it. Kudos to those brave souls.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    T. Gervais:
    PuroFreak:
    Yeah, seriously? Raking leaves?
  • Options
    T. Gervais:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    T. Gervais:
    PuroFreak:
    Yeah, seriously? Raking leaves?
    thanks for the good look.

there is so much about blending that i have learned through the years that to try and put it into words would be crazy.
    ...and compared to the people that actually do the blending, i know nothing. its hard to find good info on the internet beyond what i have shared with you guys.

however, i am always willing to look.

you all know that if you have any questions about blending you can ask me and ill do my best to see what i can come up with.

...no promises though. I am only a novice.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    martymcg43:
    Nope, doesn't get better...probably will get worse!
    Well said sir.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get new cigar catalogs I probably look at them 200 or more times. Seriously I take them to work and look through them over and over.When I am home with nothing to do I usually spend my computer time with some cigar related tab open.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    When I get new cigar catalogs I probably look at them 200 or more times. Seriously I take them to work and look through them over and over.
    i used to be the same way. now i only do this if there is a cigar i have not tried or for new cigars in the catalog. I read a lot about cigars.