Home General Discussion
Options

boveda paks expiration

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
just curious if the large boveda paks stay good in the cellophane as long as not opened for years or do they start to get hard after a certain time?

Comments

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I think as long as they're sealed in the original packaging they're good. But, if they do get hard and stay that way for more than four hours, call a Doctor.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    I think as long as they're sealed in the original packaging they're good. But, if they do get hard and stay that way for more than four hours, call a Doctor.

Dying to be the troll of the week aren't you? LOL
    I have some in the original cello, but I put them in a ziplock to be sure. The original does not seem to sturdy.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I saw somewhere that they do have an expiration date. I vaguely remember maybe 2 years in the cellophane. Might have been on Boveda's website.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recharge my Boveda packs in Tupperware with a damp sponge with distilled water.  I know some folks just dunk them in water for a faster recharge. If you have a scale, you can weigh the packs to check their condition. Recharging the 60 g packs at 40 g seems reasonable. image
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yakster said:
    I recharge my Boveda packs in Tupperware with a damp sponge with distilled water.  I know some folks just dunk them in water for a faster recharge. If you have a scale, you can weigh the packs to check their condition. Recharging the 60 g packs at 40 g seems reasonable. 

+1 for this.  I toss my older Boveda into a Tupperware container with a small dish of distilled water.  I takes a bit to get them fully recharged, but when they're done they're good as new.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes me about 5-7 days to recharge em, same as with the small travel ones works great
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just toss them right in the distilled water in a Tupperware container.  Works great, never had an issue.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about one while doing that and when I found it it looked like a water balloon.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol still works.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days on the counter had it back to normal.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...