Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliveros 1927

Your thoughts?

I'm up in the air about this stick. Not sure how I feel. I think this may be a good golfing smoke. Sitting on my balcony in the freezing cold is not where this stick shines.

Comments

• I hear you about the sitting in the freezing cold, never trued the oliveros though
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    Your thoughts?

I'm up in the air about this stick. Not sure how I feel. I think this may be a good golfing smoke. Sitting on my balcony in the freezing cold is not where this stick shines.
    I smoked the one you sent me today Shaun.

For the first third I was battling the thing to get it to burn. One whole side would not burn. It was a bunch of tobacco which could clearly be seen to be NOT burning. I don't know what the blend is here but something wasn't burning properly.

Finally after much work and the first third gone I got it to settle down a bit and while it didn't burn good from then on, I was able to keep it burning.

It had some good flavors, and I would give one another try just based on that. But if it started out burning like this one did, then I would be pitching it pretty quickly.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Sucks to hear about the burn issue Doug. The one I had burned just fine from the get go. I got a couple more in the humi that i'll let sit till the spring or summer.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    Sucks to hear about the burn issue Doug. The one I had burned just fine from the get go. I got a couple more in the humi that i'll let sit till the spring or summer.
    I will be giving this stick another try for sure. It was tasty, and I suspect that it was a single stick issue, not a reflection on the line in general.

So far the Oliveros I have had, have all bee pretty tasty.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've had a few of these now in torpedo size and have really enjoyed them. Perfect burn, lots of smoke, and great flavors. They have come across chocolaty to me, which I dig, and I would put them at a medium body. I'm glad I have more and will buy a bundle before too long, great bang for the buck IMO.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a torpedo in this stick but it did not do it for me.