Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NFL Free Agency

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Colts win.

Plus they still have enough money to potentially go after "Pot Roast," Wilfork, and Andre Johnson (who visited Indy and is friends with Frank Gore).

Lions redeem themselves by getting Ngata and freeing up lots of cap space. But who am I kidding, they're still the Lions and they are coached by a man everyone from Indy loves to hate.

NFL sure knows how to keep their product interesting.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Pretty shocking day yesterday, COWS still doing nothing which I guess is better than Jerry doing something bad, still anytime I get to see the Eagles destroy their team from within, its a damn good day
  • Options
    Missed the news on Pot Roast until just now. I was hoping the Colts would make a run for him. I'll gladly take Wilfork at a (much) cheaper price, though, for one or two years. Colts need a run-stuffer.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Missed the news on Pot Roast until just now. I was hoping the Colts would make a run for him. I'll gladly take Wilfork at a (much) cheaper price, though, for one or two years. Colts need a run-stuffer.

Colts are runaway fa winners, gonna be a tuff team next year, and we, well we got McFadden! Yay?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy Graham...FTW
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Eagles destroy their team? Hah. Foles didn't work in Kelly's offense all that well because he's just not a viable run threat and is going to have trouble staying healthy. McCoy is just terrible. Useless. He can wiggle around someone else's backfield with the ball hanging out for anyone to grab before he falls down, thanks.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Eagles destroy their team? Hah. Foles didn't work in Kelly's offense all that well because he's just not a viable run threat and is going to have trouble staying healthy. McCoy is just terrible. Useless. He can wiggle around someone else's backfield with the ball hanging out for anyone to grab before he falls down, thanks.
    Boy if that's ever the optimistic post. Bradford is coming off two ACL tears and you want to hate on a guy that lit it up when Vick went down? he may not have been as good last year but he fit pretty well. It's not like Bradford will be able to run all over people.

Granted Murray is a good signing, but hating on Shady? Not his fault Kelly didn't use him properly. Maybe Chip has some master plan, but on the surface he looks like a fool right now.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    Ken Light:
    Boy if that's ever the optimistic post. Bradford is coming off two ACL tears and you want to hate on a guy that lit it up when Vick went down? he may not have been as good last year but he fit pretty well. It's not like Bradford will be able to run all over people.

Granted Murray is a good signing, but hating on Shady? Not his fault Kelly didn't use him properly. Maybe Chip has some master plan, but on the surface he looks like a fool right now.
    No, Shady is terrible. He bought into his own hype. Ceased to have any game or team awareness. I saw him try to run left and right for a big run numerous times on short yardage for a first which he could have easily gotten just running forward. Plus he was never able to properly handle the ball so he's a liability to start with.

And Bradford who? Our QB's gonna be Mariota. So we have Mariota, Murray, and Sproles. That's an unstoppable 3-headed BEAST in Kelly's hands.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    McCoy certainly isn't terrible, he's a proven commodity but his style clashed with the system; too much dancing and when they needed tough yards he went to the sideline. Looking at it as McCoy for Alonzo and free money to spend on Murray or Maxwell worked out well. Finding RBs is easier than getting a very solid LB you could into that huge vacancy on their D for years. I still think a Bradford Murray or Matthews could be on the move.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    D Fresh:
    Ken Light:

No, Shady is terrible. He bought into his own hype. Ceased to have any game or team awareness. I saw him try to run left and right for a big run numerous times on short yardage for a first which he could have easily gotten just running forward. Plus he was never able to properly handle the ball so he's a liability to start with.

And Bradford who? Our QB's gonna be Mariota. So we have Mariota, Murray, and Sproles. That's an unstoppable 3-headed BEAST in Kelly's hands.
    All remains to be seen. Still lots of holes to fill. Got to hope the O line doesn't all go down at once like last year (matter of blind luck -- how can you have two consecutive years as bad as 2014). Need a safety (good chance Collins, Drummond or Holliman are there at 21). Need some receivers (which this draft's got plenty). But there's two things you can say for sure as we stand here today:

1) It's nice to have plenty bucks under the cap.
    2) Chip's got balls.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take our 2 big free agency signings of returning players taking less money to stay with a contender. Gotta love the Packers!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Hahaha, man...Bradford tears something in his legs every time he makes a sammich, I doubt he's burning people on the field. I'm all for letting Murray go, he played a full year once and had 10,000 carries to go along with 318 fumbles. I'm not naive enough to think that any back we plug in will be as good, but I don't think the drop off will be unacceptable. I like the DMC signing, low risk and we can draft a back to compete with Randle when he's not stealing underwear. Take the money we did not spend on Murray and help our D.As for getting Mariota...meh. I don't think that worries many people. I think the Eagles will keep having the same problem...the offense is so fast to get off the field one way or another that the D is sucking halfway through the game.
  • Options
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    avengethis:
    Prisco's an idiot. He knocks the Colts for getting older, but I bet 95% of teams are older before the draft brings the younguns in. Besides, the Colts got rid of terrible players and replaced them with similarly aged but better players. Sure Gore is older than TRich. Who cares? He's an upgrade. Did teams plug gaps? Did they fill needs with talent? Did they get better (as much as you can assess that?) Grade that, Petey. I give your article an F (and not just because you graded the Colts low.)

• Options
    Never said it was a good article...just had to say my team has done well in his eyes. Looking through it a lot of his "points" where marginal and I dont agree with them. Plus the only way to really grade it is after the season is done and see who actually makes a difference.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Sucks to be a 49ers fan. GB might win an article, but until they address letting Wilson run around for 38 seconds before lofting a 2 pt conversion in the end zone...they fail. Just like Dallas needs to address three steps no catch and pass deflections.Indy has made out like bandits.
  • Options
    Whatever else happens, the Raiders just lost free agency by signing TRich. Then again, black is slimming so maybe he'll act like he's lighter and run for a ton.

• Options
    Martel:
    Whatever else happens, the Raiders just lost free agency by signing TRich. Then again, black is slimming so maybe he'll act like he's lighter and run for a ton.

Can't believe they picked him up, also not sure what to make of the cows getting Hardy and McFadden is meh at best
  • Options
    I love hate sports. We get so invested in teams that we have no control over. I think it's Fever Pitch when Jimmy Fallon says "It's good to invest in something you have no control over." I love hate the Greg Hardy signing. He is a great player that we got at a bargain rate, and everyone deserves a second chance. We've all made mistakes, right? But if it was up to me...I'd not have signed him. I feel like his (alleged) crime is kind of outside the "I made a mistake" realm...he REALLY made a mistake. I can honestly say that if his signing was the difference between playoffs and no playoffs, I'd still not sign him.Now ESPN is full of Cowboys hate (which is usual anyways) and part of me feels like I have to defend my team. Damn you Cowboys...I hate you.No, I hate to love you. Or love to hate you? Bah!"There's nothing surprising there. There was a similar din when the Philadelphia Eagles signed Michael Vick after his stint in a federal prison. The protesters were outside the gates for his first appearance in a game. But they dwindled rapidly as Vick showed contrition and, probably more significantly, that he still had some game left. Fans wore his jersey again and, in recent seasons, he was even hailed as a veteran mentor." - ESPN