Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Arturo Fuente King B...what a monster!!!

Compatriots....I believe that is spelled right. I just Finished an Arturo fuente King B....I must say, I have never met a Fuente I didn't like!!! This one had an excellent pre-light draw with some faint hints of leather and cedar. The first third had hints of cedar and oak--very woodsy. the flavor and aroma kept building throughout the second third. Billowy. creamy smoke... This cigar has rested in my humi for about six months. Slightly uneven burn that had to be touched up about halfway thru, very light colored ash that had a solid two inch build before I tipped it off... This beauty had a very long finish. I LOVED IT!!!

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it. I had mixed feelings on it. Great looking cigar and everything and the flavor wasn't bad but not very complex. The price just didn't justify the cigar. I could have picked up an Opus instead. I do want to try a queen though to see which one I like better. Still it was a decent cigar in my opinion.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey squirrel, I agree it may not be very complex but leans toward the full bodied...I guess a very pleasant not overpowering taste. this was my third and I def like them. The Opus is another story...what is the queen?
  • Options
    I though only had one right from the shop and I don't know how long they had them. So maybe some rest will make it better though it wasn't at all harsh or spicey so I doubt it, though I could be wrong. I did like it, though if they were cheaper, say 5 or 6 bucks then yeah I would pick more up. The queen is a bit smaller I think. The owner of my local shop said he enjoyed the King more, but he and I differ a bit on taste, though not as much as others I know. I'm thinking about trying one next time I'm down there, though I will probably only go back once some opus's get in.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Glad you enjoyed it. I had mixed feelings on it. Great looking cigar and everything and the flavor wasn't bad but not very complex. The price just didn't justify the cigar. I could have picked up an Opus instead. I do want to try a queen though to see which one I like better. Still it was a decent cigar in my opinion.
    i think i agree with this 100%

and youa re right about the queen B. it is a bit smaller.
  • Options
    Have you had one kuzi? king or the queen?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    king. i wasnt amazed by it. got an 8.7 in my catalog.
    i dont think i need the queen. i wouldnt be mad if i was handed one though.