Home General Discussion
Options

My Local B&M

So i go into my local B&M (really small place being out in utah), go into their walk-in humidor and the owner followes me in. I look around for a couple of seconds and turn to him and ask him what his favorite one is. His reply (and i quote) "I really like those Gurkah Man O' Wars"... Yup my B&M is helpful
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    So i go into my local B&M (really small place being out in utah), go into their walk-in humidor and the owner followes me in. I look around for a couple of seconds and turn to him and ask him what his favorite one is. His reply (and i quote) "I really like those Gurkah Man O' Wars"... Yup my B&M is helpful
    Should have asked him to point that one out to you, say I have never heard of a Gurkha MoW.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ISO Gurkha MOW. Pm me
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    ISO Gurkha MOW. Pm me
    Ill go back and see if he has a few. but they are pretty rare i have heard
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Just wait til Randy sees this

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    That is so sad
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn, talk about **limited edition**....i think you hit the jackpot

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I love that he followed you in lol! Most times if a guy follows me in to the humi I buy way less if anything. If he followed you in, he doesn't have cameras. If he doesn't have the $ for cameras he probably doesn't have the $ for good humidification.

Just how I reason and operate. Plus I'm over sensitive about being a youngster in this grown man's hobby, so "hurry up and buy" service gets me extra angry.

Gurkha MoW? So does that mean it needs 6 months rest AND it falls apart halfway in?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ...fo shame.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he "rolls his own" and that's what he calls them? ;p
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Reminds me of the time I was on vacation and the salesman was pushing the "RUB" cigars hard on me...didn't have the heart to tell him they were "NUB".
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I once had a B&M owner follow me into the humidor who strongly urged me to buy some Macanudos and Bolivars. Claimed they were better than Opus X and any DPG.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Finally got into my favorite B&M here today, and was followed into the humidor as usual (I´ve been told that this is required by law in Spain, however, and I have not been in a humidor in Europe where I was not ¨personally attended¨). Funny thing today, though, was that there was a new bloke working in the store and I think the owner gave him a heads up before he came in with me - he made right off to tell me that he didn´t really know much about cigars, but that he was enjoying working there and learning (mind you, he was at least 40 y/o). I just laughed and told him no worries, and we proceeded to have a good conversation about the selection as he priced out what I was putting together. All in all, a perfectly lovely experience getting followed into the humidor! Lol but yeah, I generally prefer to be alone, or at best I´m the one that ends up helping other people there! haha
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨