Home General Discussion

Which Diesel do you like

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
I haven't tried any before, and I am looking forward to, given it's AJ's blend. I am a big fan of AJ. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• aschwendt13aschwendt13 Posts: 31
    I really like the corona, alot better after 5-6 months than fresh. The oldest jve had it is about 9 months and its even better than 6. The only other one ive tried is the unholy coctail, which i like, but im really not a fan of the size, too fat for me
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a new Diesel coming out? Or came out?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hair of the dog
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    The one still sitting in my cooler ;)
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    buhahahaha...you break me down
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Cummins?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel RAGE

Is this not new? I dunno, I cant keep up with all of the AJ stuff

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=2156
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unlimited is a fantastic stick IMO.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    I haven't tried any before, and I am looking forward to, given it's AJ's blend. I am a big fan of AJ. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Send me your addy, I have some of the Diesel uncut......not sure if that means it isn't circumcised or if they forgot to add the Horsesh!t...? Dunno
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of Hair of the Dog and the Unlimited. Not so much the Unholy Cocktail. I've found I'm not a fan of Pennsylvania Broadleaf.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Shorty, and the coronas. Havnt had the newer stuff.
    One God, One Truth
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    UC is the only one I like.
  • danksheehandanksheehan Posts: 46
    Ulimited Maduro is amazing. One of the best bangs for the buck IMHO.
    I have noticed that Diesles have been shipped a little young, anyone noticed that?

Dan
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Thank you all for the input! Thanks so much!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Sour Diesel
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    mmkuchi:
    Send me your addy, I have some of the Diesel uncut......not sure if that means it isn't circumcised or if they forgot to add the Horsesh!t...? Dunno
    Thanks so much! I sent it via pm :)
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Sour Diesel
    Are we even talking about cigars anymore?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danksheehan:
    Ulimited Maduro is amazing. One of the best bangs for the buck IMHO. I have noticed that Diesles have been shipped a little young, anyone noticed that? Dan
    Yes, yes I have.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Sour Diesel

+1
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of good reviews in the Reviews section of the forum. Did you check there?
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Truthfully I like all of them. My favorite is probably the unholy cocktail or hair of the dog.
  • danksheehandanksheehan Posts: 46
    Patrickbrick,
    What do you do when you get Diesels that are young?
    Do you smoke em or let em rest.
    I don't understand why they are sold if they are not ready to smoke now.
    Dan
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Il let them rest for a while, some times a long while. I am not sure on why cigars get sold "prematurely" but, I know that there were some complaints about the New Worlds as well. I guess the more they push out the more they make. I don't mind aging cigars myself, it is interesting for me to taste how much better they get as they get older.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    danksheehan:
    Patrickbrick, What do you do when you get Diesels that are young? Do you smoke em or let em rest. I don't understand why they are sold if they are not ready to smoke now. Dan
    Let em rest. When the first Diesel was shipped out (the original "Unholy Cocktail"), they were excellent right off the truck. Come a year or two later, their popularity had grown immensely, and I really think they were shoving them out early in order to keep up with demand. This has happened with multiple cigars over the years, and used to be almost regular practice with the major Cuban manufacturers (which is where you get sayings like "I only smoke aged Cubans maaaan." With that said, let em rest for 6mos-1yr, and you'll have a fantastic smoke on your hands. I used to smoke the UHCs almost daily, and I freakin love that cigar; the Unlimiteds took some getting used to, but they were an interesting change of pace for me. I don't think I've tried any of the other ones, so that's all I got.

Maaan, I miss Diesels now! I think I'm gonna have to **** up a bundle or two when I hit the States in November :-/
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • The_StigThe_Stig Posts: 9
    Haven't tried one I didn't like!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    youngryan216:
    Sour Diesel
    Are we even talking about cigars anymore?
    We talk about cigars here? Oh wow. That changes a ton...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Unlimited Maduro is in my rotation. The d.4 is an excellent short smoke. Diesel Rage is a superb box-press cigar.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite and one I don't think they make anymore and can't remember the name has the blue label. I have one shorty left from when they first came out. I think it was a B&M only stick.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    mmkuchi:
    DC 9114 9011 2308 6754 6233 56 Enjoy my friend!
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Ruh Roh! Enjoy!