Home Non Cigar Related

damned stress

just ****', but things at work are really "eventful" right now. bean counters from corporate say the bottom line isn't where it should be, direct overhead is too high, operating expenses are murderous, and I still have to try to get two years of capital expense type projects completed in the next three months. Plus bring the plant into the 21st century regarding HS&E retroactively. Oh yeah, cut 10% of the workforce and get more throughput, too. I don't see how it's going to happen in the time frame the 7 figure guys think it should, but I'm still going to swing for the fences anyways. Hell, if I pull off 25% of what they want I should get into Heaven on a waiver. Just hoping to get a good night's sleep for once. I mean, I just started this gig four months ago, WTF? On top of all that, there are some serious reindeer games going on with some of the management; the company was bought by a large capital group last fall, and some of the old guard (family of the old owner) think that they know how things should be done. If that was true, the place wouldn't have been in dire straits and been bought out by the competition. If I could just get them to understand that modern companies use tools like six sigma and lean principles things might not be so cluster-f(*&d every time someone opens their fat yap. I need a vacation dammit. thanks for listening. Thank god tomorrow is Friday.

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    office space memes photo: office space bill-lumberg-comment-me-back.gif
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Preachin' to the choir here bro, been in manufacturing for 40 years. Things have changed a lot too. 6-Sigma, KT, Lean, 5-S, SPC, the whole alphabet soup and to top it off, Kiazen's. Does your company have PPM too, we called that P1ss Poor Management. All good tools (in theory) but it comes down to knowing what you are doing in the first place to input the correct data for these tools, understanding the results and properly implement changes that will work. I think they use these tools because they don't fully understand a process, don't want to take the time to learn the process and want an instant result. Yes, my company is hitting the workforce again with cuts and "workforce reductions" in staff making others do twice the work and not nearly as effectively. As the revenue decreases from production and mis-management, the bottom line must be made in other ways, bend over again workforce. Let's get back to common sense and accountability.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only boss i have ever be able to accept is me. i have been threating to fire me many times over the years.
    First Warrior:
    The only boss i have ever be able to accept is me. i have been threating to fire me many times over the years.

Just don't quit, lol.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    A good stogie, an ice cold beer, and some sweet jams...STAT
  • Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    tonight it's El Rey del Mundo, two fingers of 50 year old Glendfiddich, and my band is playing downtown seattle in a couple hours. I'm gonna get piss drunk an sleep it off in someone elses condo.... and yes, our primary problem is PPM.
    Bad Monkey:
    and yes, our primary problem is PPM.

Our PPM is Predictive Preventative Maintenance, used to be just PM, Preventative Maintenance, no not good enough. Now it's TPM, Total Predictive Maintenance, WTF. My job is to keep the equipment running, this crap ain't working, time to break out the Ouija board.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Bad Monkey:
    tonight it's El Rey del Mundo, two fingers of 50 year old Glendfiddich, and my band is playing downtown seattle in a couple hours. I'm gonna get piss drunk an sleep it off in someone elses condo.... and yes, our primary problem is PPM.

That sounds like a win for sure!
    photo babywin_zpsbehsn27j.jpg
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    If it makes you feel better my coffee shop was running windows 98 and firmware from 2014 up until yesterday. It refreshes every 2 minutes and takes longer to update each refresh. I drink a lot.
    The3Stogies:
    Bad Monkey:
    and yes, our primary problem is PPM.

Our PPM is Predictive Preventative Maintenance, used to be just PM, Preventative Maintenance, no not good enough. Now it's TPM, Total Predictive Maintenance, WTF. My job is to keep the equipment running, this crap ain't working, time to break out the Ouija board.
    In our joint, PPM = Piss Poor Management.
    Bad Monkey:

Do you ISO? That would be Intense Simultaneous ****, another expense companies have to endure to compete with China.
    The3Stogies:
    Bad Monkey:

Do you ISO? That would be Intense Simultaneous ****, another expense companies have to endure to compete with China.
    of course we have eyesore. we are an aerospace manufacturer.On top of ISO, we have to comply with NADCAP as well. How we pass audits, I have no clue.