Home Ratings & Reviews

Cutter Comparison: Spike vs. Punch vs. Straight vs. Angle Video

image This is a comparison of the major types of different ways to cut a cigar. Shown are the characteristics and differences between the new Cigar Spike, a punch cutter built in to one of my lighters I got from Buylighters.com, a traditional straight cut by a Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter, and on a torpedo a straight vs. angled cut by a Xikar. The video is in two parts (part two will play automatically after 1). Giveaway details in the vid! http://cigarobsession.com/2009/11/18/cutter-comparison-spike-vs-punch-vs-straight-vs-angle/

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    nice detailed video, thank you. I have a cuban crafters perfect cutter. i love it, it works great. i have used a punch, mostly when i first started smoking as a way to keep the draw cool. this was mostly because i was just smoking the cigars too fast and didn't know it. i have also used something similar to a cigar spike, it's called a golf tee :) for the same reason as i used a punch. i do prefer my cutter with a straight cut though. I love the little torpedo hole too, like you said, it cuts perfectly. thanks for the vid.
  • Cool video! Sometimes I will just "punch" the cigar with my fingernail, I hate messing up the cap and having th cigar unravel. Peace, Nick