Home General Discussion

What's a good ashtray to buy?

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the market for an ashtray. Can anyone recommend a dependable ashtray? I need one that won't let me down. One that can hold some good ash ...... and cigars ..... and do it's job properly. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stinky metal ashtrays; love em.
    they got 1, 4, & 8 stirrup models so you can go "solo" or "mega-herf" style. check em out

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    they got 1, 4, & 8 stirrup models so you can go "solo" or "mega-herf" style. check em out
    YEP!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    YEP!
    YEP YEP
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    pm
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to give you guys a hug. Not one of those lame handshake then halfass semi bro hugs. Naw man, naw. I mean a real hug. Like when it's cold out and you're meeting someone you haven't seen in a long time, hug (no ****). Or the ones on the beach where the guy and girl run up to each other and the guy picks her up doing a slow mo 360 while she picks up her feet, hug. (again, no **** .... maybe a little). I'll be the girl, it's all good, I know you guys want to be the macho one, I get it I get it. I love you guys.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not gonna' reveal your own creation,..... an ashtray of your own making,....... perhaps incorporating a array of stogie stands,......... then I shall be disappointed in you.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Just ash on the ground
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinky gets my vote. I love 'em because the stirrups are huge and they'll hold your cigars. There's nothing more annoying that plopping a cigar on an ashtray, but having to fiddle with it, trying to balance it. And I like how the sidewalls are curved, so it's perfect for rolling the ash of a cigar (I'm an anti-flickerer ;-) )

I like the regular 4-stick model, but absolutely love the floor model. It's stable, has a handle on top so you can move it easily, and there's a slick shelf about half way up for lighters/cutters/etc. They're just over $50. I bought mine with a DD so the shipping was free.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 of these. One at my desk and one that is portable for outside.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one I made. Is this sorta like you have in mind?

photo 5A0CF01A-6B0B-49EA-B939-3022E148CF31.jpg

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, that looks amazing well done.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool ashtray photo: Coughing Ashtray 100_0452.jpg how about something like this?? altho I personally love my stinky ashtray
    no matter where you go, there you are.